Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Whatcha think?
I like it 31 86.11%
I don't like it 5 13.89%
I don't like it, and think Bigwig is a jackass 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Is Mike the Mouth the best player on HSP right now?

[ QUOTE ]
Asides from his loud mouth antics Mike Matusow is arguably the best player at the table so far this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted for Sam Farha. He has the most HS expierence then the rest (for this season, so far, as you pointed out). However, he has not shown this thus far.
But with no question this will change when Barry Greenstein appears. He is the best player in HS poker.

RazzO
Old 06-20-2006, 02:52 PM

imo Mike M has been running the luckiest besides the J high vs A high flush in last nights episode. I don't really know what's happened in the other two episodes because last nights was the first one I've been able to watch completly.

I think Dan Alaie (sp?) is the best in that game. I'm not much of a nl player but his JJ and AK laydowns vs AA both times were sick. Granted, it's not that hard to lay those hands down, but he did lay them down against AA both times.

I also think farha is the worst in that game besides the chamanara guy.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike M us obviously a good player yet has money issues constantly which means in the long run he sucks. DN has hinted more than once now that Mike M isnt playing the game with his own money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike has good enough skills he should be beating poker yearly for a minimun of 6 figures. I love Mike but his other leaks will always mean he's going to be broke in the end. Its sad but i believe even if he went on some monster(unrealistic) tear winning 10 $1 million tournaments in 1 years time , he'd still be broke by the time the next year rolled over. He seems like a nice enough guy and a good enough poker player and its sad he cant stop pissing his money away.
gl mike
Old 06-20-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But with no question this will change when Barry Greenstein appears. He is the best player in HS poker.

RazzO

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:14 PM

I agree that MM is playing good so far but to my eye it looks like many of the players are playing like rocks and that just plays right into his strength. I don't know why guys like Antonio, Laak and Grinder are playing so tight but it is annoying as hell. Add in the fish - Chaminara (sp.) - and that's 1/2 the table playing tight. Alayi (sp.) also plays a bit tight but he has shown a willingness to play more hands. Farha is seriously undercapitalized - he needs a lot more money to be able to play his typical style. Daniel is barely playing unlike last season and when he does he's going into 5 or 6 way pots with K2s. What is he hoping to accomplish? Flop a set? Or a flush? It looks to me like he knows the others have figured out his game from watching last season so he is purposely slowing down. Fine, that's good poker but now we got 7 guys playing slower.

So far this season has been a bust compared to last season. The table is too damn crowded and 8 handed is too big for this group to play optimal NL. I also believe that some of these guys are seriously under-capitalized and are playing scared poker. I keep waiting for each week to get better but so far it hasn't. The table trash talking is boring. I'd like to see some serious poker like last time when we saw some aggression by multiple players and at the same time we saw at least 2 guys make a decision to play contrary poker in order to capitalize on hitting some flops. This led to a much more fun game.

Sigh.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo Mike M has been running the luckiest besides the J high vs A high flush in last nights episode. I don't really know what's happened in the other two episodes because last nights was the first one I've been able to watch completly.

I think Dan Alaie (sp?) is the best in that game. I'm not much of a nl player but his JJ and AK laydowns vs AA both times were sick. Granted, it's not that hard to lay those hands down, but he did lay them down against AA both times.

I also think farha is the worst in that game besides the chamanara guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still wondering why he laid those hands down. Did he read something? Or did he just not want to get involved in a large pot with those hands? I'm not convinced that his lay-downs were such a great play from his perspective of not seeing the hole cards. We see it so we know the results. I just haven't seen him enough to form an opinion.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt be surprised if it is his own money, hes playing scared money, twice with the running it twice and dissapearing after getting ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be shocked if he was playing with his own money. For that matter I'd bet that at least 1/2 the table is playing at least in part with someone else's funding. Nothing wrong with that - it goes on all the time.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But with no question this will change when Barry Greenstein appears. He is the best player in HS poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I can't wait until Barry sits down. I would love to see him play against Mike and Laak.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:45 PM

mike M. can be tough when he's playing his best, but his best vs. daniel aleai is not much of a contest IMO. alaei is harder, a strong tricky opponent.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:05 PM

Self-control is a huge part of poker. It's why a Chip Reese is miles above a Mike Matusow on both the list of respected players, and rightfully considered a better player.