Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: QTo button steal

[ QUOTE ]
man,

I basically get the same result (when villain has a FD, I count 8 outs him out of 44 remaining cards, because we know he has 2 hearts plus the 4 board cards and our 2 hole cards (52-2-4-2=44), but give us .85 to win. However, I'm not sure it's exactly right.

See, sometimes we call a river bet when one of our "5 outs" hits, even though he was on our flush draw, so we lose 2 bets sometimes. This cuts into our EV when he is on a flush draw and we think we improve. I'm too lazy to incorporate it into the calc, but I think it gets a little more complicated.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually took into account the fact that one of our 5 outs won't be best when I discounted our equity of hitting those 5 outs when he has an ace. and when he's on a flush draw it doesn't matter if we hit our five outs; except for the Th, he'll check/fold those rivers so it's the same as when we don't hit. am I missing something here?
Old 06-18-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man,

I basically get the same result (when villain has a FD, I count 8 outs him out of 44 remaining cards, because we know he has 2 hearts plus the 4 board cards and our 2 hole cards (52-2-4-2=44), but give us .85 to win. However, I'm not sure it's exactly right.

See, sometimes we call a river bet when one of our "5 outs" hits, even though he was on our flush draw, so we lose 2 bets sometimes. This cuts into our EV when he is on a flush draw and we think we improve. I'm too lazy to incorporate it into the calc, but I think it gets a little more complicated.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]
and when he's on a flush draw it doesn't matter if we hit our five outs; except for the Th, he'll check/fold those rivers so it's the same as when we don't hit. am I missing something here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm confused? When he is on a flush draw and misses, we planned on checking check it through. If we bet he folds. When he hits his flush draw and we make two pair, we pay off (we don't know if he is on a flush draw or has top pair or better, so our plan was to pay off if we make two pair or trips, and fold if the flush comes in.)

Buzz
Old 06-18-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man,

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]
and when he's on a flush draw it doesn't matter if we hit our five outs; except for the Th, he'll check/fold those rivers so it's the same as when we don't hit. am I missing something here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm confused? When he is on a flush draw and misses, we planned on checking check it through. If we bet he folds. When he hits his flush draw and we make two pair, we pay off (we don't know if he is on a flush draw or has top pair or better, so our plan was to pay off if we make two pair or trips, and fold if the flush comes in.)

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]
actually in this case there's only one card that will give him the flush and us the 2-pair/trips (T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) so I ignored it. you're right though in the general case it will be more complicated than this.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:13 PM

Call him down.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man,

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]
actually in this case there's only one card that will give him the flush and us the 2-pair/trips (T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) so I ignored it. you're right though in the general case it will be more complicated than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yah, duh! And you made that plain and clear as day in your original message. Sorry! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2006, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My god...that is the most intense explaination ive seen ina very long time on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Reged: 05/23/06

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
fwiw split suit is the guy who introduced me to 2+2 he's just not a prolific poster.

and no one's told me my math is wrong, so I'm assuming it's correct.