Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 04:44 AM

Default Re: 50/100: Overbet

AKKKKKKKKK
Old 06-17-2006, 04:45 AM

He can definately bet QQ/JJ/TT like this as well, even QJ. And what RBK says, I don't understand where you'd get the idea to float against someone who autobets flop and turn, it seems counter-intuitive unless you'd planned to make a move on turn (e.g raise his bet) unless you'd hit, but that gets so costly it is definately better to raise flop.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:53 AM

I agee flop float sucks. I will admit that sometimes when playing laggy players on UB I get caught up in the moment with the bet pot button. The game moves so quickly that it is easy to make loose bets and calls. Anyways I think we can move past the flop as we all agree my play was very weak there.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Def not a standard call since QT is as strong as J9 here pretty much.

[/ QUOTE ]Do you really think so? I think he might v-bet 2 pair sometimes, since he expects hero to occaisionally make a big calldown (especially since he's been autopotting flop and turn so often). If you could see him making a value bet with a worse hand, aba, I'd say this is a call.
Edit: that last line is really obvious, I mean that imo he'll value bet worse hands here.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:51 PM

22 44 JJ TT QQ AK 89 QJ and any 2 clubs are all hands he can have that beats you !!
It's realy not an easy call like STD Grimm said... either Grimm is a calling station or he didn't read the board right... but in both case realy not an easy STD call...

With the history you gave I think I close my eyes and make the call to see how bad he is tilting... in a normal non tilting game I fold 90% of the time
Old 06-17-2006, 04:03 PM

maybe just raise this flop not float. on the turn a raise could be strong. will be hard for him to call with a jack, if he has a draw it value bets the turn and lets you get away on the river if it hits, and also wins the pot vs. a bluff. the problem with that is if he's inlined to 3 bet bluff you all in if he does have a draw and he could have a strong draw here.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:16 PM

absolutely think about raising the flop or (less preferably) the turn. i really think the river is a fold - you're behind a ton of plausible hands at this point, and as you said, he's generally potting the flop and turn and checking the river, right? so i would fold, and as rbk said, do it face-up
Old 06-17-2006, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's realy not an easy call like STD Grimm said... either Grimm is a calling station or he didn't read the board right...

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably both!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Def not a standard call since QT is as strong as J9 here pretty much.

[/ QUOTE ]Do you really think so? I think he might v-bet 2 pair sometimes, since he expects hero to occaisionally make a big calldown (especially since he's been autopotting flop and turn so often). If you could see him making a value bet with a worse hand, aba, I'd say this is a call.
Edit: that last line is really obvious, I mean that imo he'll value bet worse hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only worse hand I see him value betting would be JT but even that I doubt he would overbet with. I think with JT he would be more likely to 1/2 pot - pot it.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:00 PM

I folded so there won't be any results. I think I am happy with my laydown, but I do think it is close with our history. At the time I felt he viewed me as a calling station, and would be unlikly to bluff me in this spot.