Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Anyone In The Mood for AA Big Fold?

[ QUOTE ]
First, couple things. This belongs in full, but I'm so used to posting here that I just forgot.

Second, yes, I should have mentioned the number of hands in the sample for the 10AF... only 35. So obviously that is inaccurate, as veganmav pointed.

My apologies for those things.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree with the consesnsus that this one isn't that close. I think you'll be good, I dunno, 15% of the time here, which is plenty more than the pot is laying you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate, and Jeff too, do you guys like or dislike the turn 3b? Considering it now, I think it was a big mistake. His stats, even from a limited sample, suggest that he is not coldcalling things like KJs, right? Not sure about this though....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really mind the 3-bet. I can easily see this raise being a smaller overpair or something that picked up a flush draw, or perhaps even less. I'm not about to give him credit for a boat just yet.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really mind the 3-bet. I can easily see this raise being a smaller overpair or something that picked up a flush draw, or perhaps even less. I'm not about to give him credit for a boat just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you play it the same?

even though the 3b is basically a lose 2 to win 1 proposition? and maybe not even that good if he was going to river bet anyway with a missed fd?
Old 06-17-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you play it the same?

even though the 3b is basically a lose 2 to win 1 proposition? and maybe not even that good if he was going to river bet anyway with a missed fd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I feel like people are being pretty results-oriented here. Sometimes there are inflection points in a hand and I think his 4-bet is one of them; your equity goes way down after that (although not so much IMO that you can fold). Before that 4-bet I'm feeling pretty good about my chances, probably 2/3 good. 77/66 are only 6 hands between them.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:32 PM

I'm with my family today, so not much time to elaborate but...I three-bet the turn here all day, every day.

Jeff