Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Easy folds vs. weak-tight

[ QUOTE ]
I guess im thinking level 2 and represent a pair when the turn hits blank(non flush/straight).Ofcourse I dont fold when I hit a pair, I call down. So much to learn!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call... and donk the turn if I hit or blank comes. I fold to turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone wants a lesson on what not to do against a lag, please read the above statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isucksomuch, I am going to give you some advice. I have read almost every limit holdem book on the market, the good ones and the bad ones, becuz I have no life and I got spare time. Do you wanna know something? The best 3 pages I have ever read all come from one book. Page 270, 271,& 272 from David Sklansky's "The Theory of Poker"
What these pages talk about is the type of mistakes players make and how to exploit them. These pages will not make you an expert on limit holdem but they will get you thinking in the right direction. If you dont have the book go buy it, if you do have the book open it up to those pages and look at mistake #1 and #11, and thats how you play against a lag when you have a marginal hand that may or may not be best.

ILP
Old 06-16-2006, 09:04 PM

ILP, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 really depends on how aggressive this guy is. If he's really aggressive, I would call down from here, but if the turn is a 9s, Im probably check/folding.

Hand 2. I dont know what youre thinking about, you still have a pretty decent hand. This is SB vs BB. The BB could easily have A5 here. I would check/call down from here against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you feel about calling down but folding on any AKT in hand 2?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my exact plan. If an A,K,T hits the turn or river, I will usually check/fold unless I had a strong read that said not to. So when I said I would call down, I guess I wasnt being entirely accurate. I gave the short answer cuz I was in a hurry and had to go to the movies with my grandma(yes im a pimp). Saw the movie "A Prairie Home Companion". If you hate money and like pain, I strongly recommend seeing this movie [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2006, 09:31 PM

Hand 1: I call the flop raise and fold the turn UI.

Hand 2: Flip the switch to calldown mode. Look to fold if an Ace hits. Really hate calling if villain bets the river.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my exact plan. If an A,K,T hits the turn or river, I will usually check/fold unless I had a strong read that said not to. So when I said I would call down, I guess I wasnt being entirely accurate. I gave the short answer cuz I was in a hurry and had to go to the movies with my grandma(yes im a pimp). Saw the movie "A Prairie Home Companion". If you hate money and like pain, I strongly recommend seeing this movie [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

like you actually watched the movie. get your mack on [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]