Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 11:06 PM

Default Re: WTF??? A stuper hand...

I fold the river, and I like how you played up until that point. I figure his range is heavily weighted towards JT, with 44 a distant second and occassionally a crazy busted flush draw. I really doubt he has some 2 pair hand. The worst hand I'm calling with is KQ (which I would play differently on turn), which I realize doesn't make sense with the range that I put him on, but whatever.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:10 PM

I think this is 10J or you win, so I'm not sure what to do. I might call and go broke out of curiosity.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:26 PM

With a flush draw and two broadway you have to bet the turn, you can always check behind the river if you want to keep the pot small, and you won't induce any bluffs you cannot call.

Plus if he raises the turn you know he's probably not FOS.

I can't call here with 1 pair although I really, really, really want to.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 06-15-2006, 11:44 PM

You guys actually think a made hand is playing this way? (lol, like I would know)

From villians point of veiw we made a small raise in position pf, made a standard cbet on the flop, then slowed down on the turn. The strength of our hand from villains point of veiw cant be that good.

Wouldn't he make a pot sized bet, or something similar, with a made hand to get whatever value he could. This allin wants us to fold. Im calling with KJ+.

Is their something fundamental Im missing?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you'd fold, what's the best hand you're folding? Oh, and who bets the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about turned Ace in this hand?
When my AK flopped Ace and Turned King (or the other way) is really trouble to me... Someone will always river a set. As soon as I see my AK gets two pairs with the board, I know it's time for me to leave the tourney - either beat by a straight or (for sure) the river will produce a set for my counterpart. (anyone wants to challenge? I can send you my hand history)

When I'm in bad luck trend (like this month), I fold here.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:28 AM

I'd fold, because I used to be a big man and call snapping off a bluff but then they are never bluffing. I used to be a major river calling station, maybe I'm not anymore. Man I'm stoned.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys actually think a made hand is playing this way? (lol, like I would know)

From villians point of veiw we made a small raise in position pf, made a standard cbet on the flop, then slowed down on the turn. The strength of our hand from villains point of veiw cant be that good.

Wouldn't he make a pot sized bet, or something similar, with a made hand to get whatever value he could. This allin wants us to fold. Im calling with KJ+.

Is their something fundamental Im missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this, then kept thinking, and from the villain's pov, yes we are probably weak, or scared of the straight that hit on the turn. Villain doesn't think we are paying off a medium sized bet, but either a very small or all in bet, which he thinks would look like a bluff to us, and he's right. that's why I think either 10J or nothing.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold, because I used to be a big man and call snapping off a bluff but then they are never bluffing. I used to be a major river calling station, maybe I'm not anymore. Man I'm stoned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a very similar hand once and called and beat 64, for 6 high, no draw. But that was vs. pokerho. This time I folded, but I really wanted to call just to see what he had.

Steve
Old 06-16-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't he make a pot sized bet, or something similar, with a made hand to get whatever value he could.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Hero is calling a PSB, he may call a push, which would be higher EV for Villian. Especially when weird pushes look like bluffs.

Read the new Slansky NLHE book, has pretty interesting things to say about value bets.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 06-16-2006, 01:28 AM

wow I just figured out what PSB stands for, I'm quick. I'm disappointed that you did not call so I could find out what he has.