Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Best friend\'s friend is a vocal racist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ALL my friends are pretty racist, except for 1 or 2 of my real close ones, Ive made it known not to say any of that [censored] around me. Its pretty simple, they say something racist, you say, hey, listen, Im not going to stop you from saying [censored] like that, but out of respect dont say that stuff around me, I dont like it. It works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guids,

I am just wondering how you got to a place where the majority of your friends are racist. For me, that would be pretty much a dealbreaker for any friendship.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you live in the midwest, specifically St. Louis because it is so racially divided, you tend to notice that EVERYONE is racist. Not Hitler racist, but not exactly accepting. Most of the kids that I found out were racist, Ive distanced myself from, thats why I only really have 2 or 3 really really good friendships. And its not just the white people either, blacks are too, or at least they automatically assume that whites are racist, I think its the city more than anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
You got that right. Born and raised. Family still in rural, southeast MO (besides parents).

I got the eff out of Dodge. Those inbred, racist, rednecks can kiss my butt.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm hanging out with my best friend from childhood and his friend and we're all adults and this guy just non-stops spews racial slurs and vitriol and talks about killing ____ and ____. I'm not a racist so I felt I only had 2 options: stay quiet and stay away from this unsavory character as much as I can or make it known that I can't stand him. I've only been around this racist several times, I think he's going to college with my friend. What's my line here? I don't wanna have to force my friend to associate with either him or me and my friend usually doesn't behave this way and he just kinda lets the racist's stuff go without saying anything but on the other hand I can't stand for their association to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure he is just not joking? i make alot, and i mean ALOT, of jokes about rasism/nazism. that doesnt mean im a rasist tho. its just so funny.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm hanging out with my best friend from childhood and his friend and we're all adults and this guy just non-stops spews racial slurs and vitriol and talks about killing ____ and ____. I'm not a racist so I felt I only had 2 options: stay quiet and stay away from this unsavory character as much as I can or make it known that I can't stand him. I've only been around this racist several times, I think he's going to college with my friend. What's my line here? I don't wanna have to force my friend to associate with either him or me and my friend usually doesn't behave this way and he just kinda lets the racist's stuff go without saying anything but on the other hand I can't stand for their association to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure he is just not joking? i make alot, and i mean ALOT, of jokes about rasism/nazism. that doesnt mean im a rasist tho. its just so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

99% of the people who say this exact thing are racist. Its pretty sad. Im not a PC nut, and they arent KKK worthy, but it def shows how little class they have.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

99% of the people who say this exact thing are racist. Its pretty sad. Im not a PC nut, and they arent KKK worthy, but it def shows how little class they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this says more about yourself than it does about them/us
Old 06-14-2006, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, ya, sure it does, you can make awesome grade school jokes about people of other races, but you are being satirical, and going against the PC freaks, so you are funny. Well, you arent. And I wager that you wouldnt say anything of the sort around anyone of a different race.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:28 PM

"i have alot of black friends!"

i give up
Old 06-14-2006, 10:36 PM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, ya, sure it does, you can make awesome grade school jokes about people of other races, but you are being satirical, and going against the PC freaks, so you are funny. Well, you arent. And I wager that you wouldnt say anything of the sort around anyone of a different race.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I say the things I say with white people around my black friends too. You're right that if you can't say it to them then it is racist. For the record I don't go so far as saying the N word or anything (around white's or blacks). And I've also heard some really racist jokes that I thought were stupid and steeped in more prejudice than humor.

OP- There are two kinds of evil (I get a little fuzzy with this quote), those who practice it, and those who do nothing to stop it.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only been around this racist several times,

[/ QUOTE ]

So, is that a lot or....
Old 06-14-2006, 11:33 PM

Are you guys best friends of BFF? This is an important difference.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys best friends of BFF? This is an important difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translated: Are you Brad Pitt and George Clooney from Oceans 11, or Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer from Top Gun?