Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Rating Stud Game by On-Line results

HU 200-400 stud8 on UB! Some guy Larr Luck is sitting there waiting for you...get'em
Old 06-15-2006, 04:14 PM

Calling Carlos...can you put "pumpkins" in the CPU?

Jeff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling Carlos...can you put "pumpkins" in the CPU?

Jeff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried once...but my computer had trouble reading them.

Thanks for the compliments above:-)

Carlos
Old 06-18-2006, 07:35 PM

SA125, if jeff is playing mid-high limits online like 30/60, and 75/150 live, and doing very well at them, and you think he's not deriving most of his income from that source???
Old 06-18-2006, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For example, I believe that you have to be an extremely good golfer to make the PGA tour, but I don't believe every guy on tour is an expert golfer. There's a big gap between the elite and others on the tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go play a round with them, and get back to us on whether or not you think they're an expert..

Ya, Billy Andrade's not an expert, he just makes millions of dollars playing a game most people can't break 100 at??

The truth is that there's a lot of people that are expert that can't make a living playing golf.

You can't look up "Expert" and see a definition related to poker that will tell you how many BB/hr they have to make to be considered as such, but I think an expert just has good solid reasons for every decision they make. They are never really in the dark in a hand.. (Of course, if playing other experts, they will be.)

People on here I consider experts would be Frappe, VintageSara, Jeff, Carlos, Bartholow, etc.. These people all can make a healthy living playing stud.. I guess that's a good definition for expert.. Can make a good living playing the game..
Old 06-18-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess that's a good definition for expert.. Can make a good living playing the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find a lot of your assumptions pretty funny Beer, but I like this part. I think that's a good definition for an expert in poker simply because of the luck factor. You have to be good to with stand it.

FWIW - Billy Andrade should thank his lucky stars for Tiger. He makes millions on tour and hasn't won in years. He was in the lead recently and wilted like an unwatered plant on the weekend when it counted. The reason he makes millions is because Tiger has helped to make the purses on tour so big that guys like Andrade can make millions simply by making the cut. Big difference between him and Tiger or Phil. Give me a break.

[ QUOTE ]
The truth is that there's a lot of people that are expert that can't make a living playing golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we have a difference of opinion of what an expert means. If a guy can't make a living from golf, where it pays extremely well if he can do it, how the hell can he be an expert at it and not make any money. That makes no sense at all. What does that make the guys on tour then? Is there a classification above expert? Get real. If expert is the top of the totem pole then, all things being equal, an expert golfer would make millions just like Andrade.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess that's a good definition for expert.. Can make a good living playing the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find a lot of your assumptions pretty funny Beer, but I like this part. I think that's a good definition for an expert in poker simply because of the luck factor. You have to be good to with stand it.

FWIW - Billy Andrade should thank his lucky stars for Tiger. He makes millions on tour and hasn't won in years. He was in the lead recently and wilted like an unwatered plant on the weekend when it counted. The reason he makes millions is because Tiger has helped to make the purses on tour so big that guys like Andrade can make millions simply by making the cut. Big difference between him and Tiger or Phil. Give me a break.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we have a difference of opinion of what an expert means. If a guy can't make a living from golf, where it pays extremely well if he can do it, how the hell can he be an expert at it and not make any money. That makes no sense at all. What does that make the guys on tour then? Is there a classification above expert? Get real. If expert is the top of the totem pole then, all things being equal, an expert golfer would make millions just like Andrade.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know billy andrade's name from before tiger woods joined the tour. Billy Andrade was just one example anyway.. There are a lot of damn good players that are not with tiger and phil.. lemme name some..

Couples, Charles Howell, Justin Leonard, Adam Scott, Mike Weir, Padraig Harrington, Fred Funk, whatever..

How many people in the whole world can make $$ playing golf??????? How many people play golf... I'd classify 90% of people that play college golf in the US as experts perhaps. prolly only 1% of those MIGHT get a shot at the pga tour.

Look at the guys that win amateur tourneys.. They're damn good, but they aren't getting their tour cards either.

[ QUOTE ]

I find a lot of your assumptions pretty funny Beer,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I find you pretty condescending.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:08 PM

I need to come to the defense of poor defenseless Beer. If there are 150 players on the tour, and there are 20M male golfers, then anyone on the tour is in the top 0.00075% of golfers. Seems like an expert to me. But I bet lots of them chase gut shots, so we are superior in at least one way.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:20 PM

Nice post lstream.. on a similar note,

Only 8% of online players are winners, according to a lot of sources i've heard...Now think about this.. What % can beat 2/4? 3/6? 5/10?.....Now, what % are actually able to claw their way up to 30/60??

These players are also expert in other ways beyond playing the cards.. I'd say they also make good decisions with game selection, bankroll mgmt, the other things that make a poker player..
Old 06-19-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice, I find you pretty condescending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Beer, you throw some rocks and get a few thrown back and I'm condenscending? That's funny. I guess you figure your original response was just carefully crafted and thoughtful. Give me a fkn break.