Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Why is Betfred\'s poker bonus mentioned so much?

[ QUOTE ]
I view a lot of these posts about how great various sites are as shills, plain and simple.
I checked out BetFred based on all these rah-rah posts and there seems to be one big problem for people who like pot limit or limit - NO TRAFFIC!
Despite checking almost daily for past few weeks, I have NEVER seen an active pot limit table for blinds of $.25/.50 or higher, which BetFred requires you to play to clear the bonus. Even for limit games, there are often NO 10-seat tables active for blinds of $.50/$1 or higher, which BetFred ..etc.
So, CAVEAT EMPTOR, BABY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody's a shill. BetFred just has a great bonus, that's all. How many sites can you name that have a better deposit bonus offer?

As for table selection, how many smallish sites can you name that have a lot of pot limit traffic? Good luck finding those. It's true that they don't have a lot of full ring games going, either. If you are strictly a nut peddling, set farming, bonus whore who likes to play full ring, stay away I guess. Either that or learn to play poker. There's plenty of 6-max traffic.

The one downside is that I find it hard to follow the action on multiple tables. The interface is too busy. I play 8-10 tables on Party without any problems, but found myself timing out once in awhile playing 3 or 4 tables here.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 PM

So I have $500 right now and I am primarily a NL 50 player. If I deposit at betfred and can play easily in the afternoons ,I should have no problem clearing this bonus? Would everyone recommend this site for $500 at those limits or is there a better site right now? I have done HP, PR, Party, and a couple others that I cannot think of right now. Thanks
Old 06-14-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I have $500 right now and I am primarily a NL 50 player. If I deposit at betfred and can play easily in the afternoons ,I should have no problem clearing this bonus? Would everyone recommend this site for $500 at those limits or is there a better site right now? I have done HP, PR, Party, and a couple others that I cannot think of right now. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I just took a look at their lobby and there are currently 23 .25/50 NL 6-max tables with at least five players and 8 full ring with at least 9.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:59 PM

So would u go with them or say Fulltilt for a $500 deposit amount? I realize I can only deposit 250 at betfred
Old 06-14-2006, 02:26 PM

I cleared this a while back and afternoon is best for traffic. Nice and soft too, I even won $$ and I am a mediocre player at best.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:56 PM

Mornings are best. The euros are out in force and want to give away money.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for table selection, how many smallish sites can you name that have a lot of pot limit traffic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this is an iPoker skin, aren't the tables available on Betfred the same as Titan, etc.? If so, then the iPoker network as a whole must be "smallish".
Old 06-14-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for table selection, how many smallish sites can you name that have a lot of pot limit traffic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this is an iPoker skin, aren't the tables available on Betfred the same as Titan, etc.? If so, then the iPoker network as a whole must be "smallish".

[/ QUOTE ]

What difference does it make, lol? Whether there are five skins or a hundred skins, the number of players is what matters.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So would u go with them or say Fulltilt for a $500 deposit amount? I realize I can only deposit 250 at betfred

[/ QUOTE ]

The bonus will clear much faster at BetFred. The bonus at FullTilt will clear awfully slow at NL50.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:03 PM

Just want to clarify, I am hearing different things.
Can I clear the bonus by playing .10/.25 NL or do I need to play at least .25/.50 NL?
How much does the rake have to be for it to be considered a "raked hand"?