Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Atlantis Final Table (Really long)

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats on the win.

My question is: do they write you a check, or credit your Stars account or what? I assume the cash dumping on the table is for show?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another semi-funny story I meant to add in. My roommate was there and asked Lee Jones if the money they put on the table is real. He said it was but they only had 100's on the outside, 1's on the inside. When I picked up a bundle, it was clearly not real and said "FOR PRODUCTION PURPOSES ONLY" on it. Conclusion: Lee Jones is a liar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All stars qualifiers have their winnings deposited directly into their stars accounts (you could get up to $8k in cash) so I had quite the stars balance a couple days afterwards.

Steve
Old 01-18-2006, 01:47 AM

Dear god, that's some serious Neteller withdrawing.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All stars qualifiers have their winnings deposited directly into their stars accounts (you could get up to $8k in cash) so I had quite the stars balance a couple days afterwards.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have bought in with your 1.4 milllion at a .01/.02 cent game.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:05 AM

Steve,
Luck was on your side that day (good day it picked!) It's every players dream to win the big one (well the WSOP would be nice but hey lets not get too greedy [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
I'd like to comment that you've been nothing but a class act the whole way and you seem to be quite down to earth for a 22 year old that won over 1M dollars. I wish you best of luck in the future(though someone wished quads on you on day two lol.)

Anyhow, couldn't happen to a nice guy, can't wait to see it on TV. I still can't get over the fact that you go to school like 20 minutes down the road....anyways enough of my fanboi ravings, congrats and maybe i'll see you in Waterloo (as if i could recognize you lol)

Alex
Old 01-18-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 105: I limp with QsTc and he raises 300k more. I have a slight feeling he's a little weak here and decide to call. Flop's Js9s2c and he bets 300k. I'm pretty sure I can get him to fold a lot of hands here. I raise to 1.5M. I want to show him I'm committed but I feel like a push looks too much like a draw. He thinks FOREVER. He finally pushes, about 1.2M more or something. I have to call. He has KcJd and I'm a 60-40 underdog. Mike Sexton is behind me talking and says I need a K or an 8. I tell him I'll take a Q too, he says a K or an 8. Turn's a Q. He's going on about how I need another Q or something. I have a video of me turning to him and saying "I have the best hand, me." and pointing to myself. It's one of my favourite videos. River's a K. My favourite video is me giving a fist pump while the whole crowd sighs because they see his two pair before my straight. I WIN!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really, really, really, like to see that.

Freaking Awesome!!!!!

You rock,
Woodguy
Old 01-18-2006, 02:09 AM

One other question Steve,

After the big win, were there any poker groupies after you? That has to be a bonus on top of the win.

Can you tell I'm married.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:14 AM

I've got a question if you don't mind.. When it was down to 3 or 2, was there any talk of a deal being made/are deals allowed on the WPT? I know if I was there, with all that money on the line, I would have felt comfortable with some type of deal.

Congrats Steve, please throw a kegger at Waterloo or something.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You should have bought in with your 1.4 milllion at a .01/.02 cent game.

[/ QUOTE ]

And say, "I HAVE ALL THE MOBNEY!"

BTW, steve - great report, congratulations again.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:34 AM

Michigan bankrolls.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:46 AM

great report. you made some pretty nice moves in there, and a few bad ones - it sounds like brook was incapable of reraising without a big hand and you used it to your advantage in a semi-cautious way with many preflop steals. and since singer was playing pretty carefully as well, you were going to be involved in a lot of the action.