Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 02:16 AM

Default Re: 80/160 Borgata shady riv action

[ QUOTE ]
you still have a decent chance to fold them out on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
You have about 0% chance of folding Larry at any point during the hand. He is there to play and he will play no metter what the cost is. Simply by knowing who is in the hand i would choose not to raise that 85c on the flop since most likely all i will accomplish is getting heads up with unfoldable...Normaly however it should be raised...
Old 01-17-2006, 02:37 AM

honestly, i kinda read the thread, but i think that posting hands that involve larry is worthless, b/c it is virtually impossble to fully explain him, his play or how he affects the game without actully seeing it your self. his river [censored] is classic, and you just have to watch yourself when you play against him. that being said there is nothing you, or anyone in the poker room, can do about his antics and semi clusion.
dave
Old 01-17-2006, 03:05 AM

if its HU with a straightflush draw you are still making money arent you? let callers with an ace come
Old 01-17-2006, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if its HU with a straightflush draw you are still making money arent you? let callers with an ace come

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his point is that the aces will call even if you raise, giving you even more equity.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:59 AM

You're kidding right? Sit there and wait until he either mucks his hand or puts $160 in the pot. If you play 80-160, you should know not to fall for this angle shot. Also, this individual is a big-time high roller at the Borg...no one is going to say anything or whatever to him for attempting a home game style angle in a game he's playing for fun when not upstairs.

By the way, for what it's worth, I think it is pretty inappropriate to name specific players by name on this public forum.

Jeff

P.S. If you play the 80 regularly, I'm sure we know each other. I was there Sunday also, but playing the 40.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:20 PM

hey man, this is a pretty common angle. sucks it cost you 160 but there's really nothing you can do.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:03 PM

if this had happened at 6/12 i would feel sorry for you - at 80/160 the only person to blame is yourself

FWIW - i think you played the hand fine based on the descriptions you provided
Old 01-17-2006, 02:19 PM

Hey Peter, no real comment on the hand - it's a very uncomfortable situation, and I think if you say something that will make him feel guilty he'll give you the money. I wouldn't get the floor here, but I would appeal to the table. Larry definitely doesn't want to seem like a cheapskate. I'd probably just make 1 or 2 backhanded comments and let it go. If he gives you the money - he'll give you the money. He is a pretty nice guy in spite of being so loud and obnoxious. Appealing to the floor will do nothing except make him mad and possibly make him leave the game, which obviously isn't good.

Hope you're doing well with your job and it's good to see you're still finding time to get a few hands in! Good luck bud.
-James
Old 01-17-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Larry turns his cards over showing 86 and makes a little forward gesture with his hand and says "trip 6's"

[/ QUOTE ]
I think at this point you are supposed to act frantic and try to have his exposed hand declared dead. Call the floor and make a fuss. Then he'll call for sure.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Larry turns his cards over showing 86 and makes a little forward gesture with his hand and says "trip 6's"

[/ QUOTE ]
I think at this point you are supposed to act frantic and try to have his exposed hand declared dead. Call the floor and make a fuss. Then he'll call for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be awesome! If you could get a player to raise doing that...priceless.