Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Some \"More\" Notes on Notes (vetran post, long but worth it)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[username = Ipoopmyself]
{{DESC: Semi-Loose Aggressive/Aggressive (sLA-A)
TOT HANDS: 128 - VP$IP: 23 - PFR: 7.0 - WSD: 53
AF-TOT: 2.2 - AF-F: 3.8 - AF-T: 1.5 - AF-R: 1.3
WF-F: 4.7 - WF-T: 2.3 - WF-R: 3.1 - FRB: 36.4
CCPF: 2 - ASB: 100 - FSB: 0 - FBB: 0
RAISE WITH: 99(1) Q2s(1) KK(1) AKo(1) AKs(1)
BlindDef: A5o, 78s,
BlindStl: Q2s, A6o
BF: Qh(c,bs,sb), TPWK,
RF: Qh(tb,ac/r,bs,sb), FD,
CF: ISD*, BP&OC*, Jh&OCFD(sb),
B/F-F: X,
BT: tFD(db), tOCIStD&OC($,db,bp), TPWK
RT: Ah(bd,vsb), fS(sp, bp), tOCIStD&OC($,tb,bp)
BR: MP(bp), fNF(db,sp,lp)
RR: OCF(hu), TPWK(ac/r,vsb)
C/RS: fFD, fTP
C/RW: X,X,X,MP(sc),
CDW: 99(vsb), AKs(sb), MP(vsb)
(SC)FTC/R:
Other: multi-tabler, 2+2 name Housecalls(j/k Jay)}}

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record I have never raised with Q2s...

VNH man!

400 to go until your Pooh-Bah post; if its longer than this one you might wanna start typing now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

but you are gonna use that screenname somewhere [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I plan on resting on my laurells for my poohbah post, unless you want to type it for me.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:09 PM

Nice work, nomadtla! Added to my list of favorite threads.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

O Really? House, Ive seen you raise J4o!

Remember this from one uberdonkfest stars 2c/4c session. You ran at 84/57/1 that day...hehehe

Aussie the trifecta CR master pwned you and Str8 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

oh, nice post Nomad. Quite long but youve got some gems in there that can really help people out. Using the export stats to notes can be really useful at sites where you cant see stats on villians at tables until you are dealt in.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Aussie is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Str8Fish calls, <font color="#CC3333">Aussie raises</font>, HouseCalls 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Str8Fish caps</font>, Aussie calls, HouseCalls calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Aussie checks, HouseCalls checks, <font color="#CC3333">Str8Fish bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Aussie raises</font>, HouseCalls calls, <font color="#CC3333">Str8Fish 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Aussie caps</font>, HouseCalls calls, Str8Fish calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Aussie checks, <font color="#CC3333">HouseCalls bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Str8Fish raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Aussie 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HouseCalls caps</font>, Str8Fish calls, Aussie calls.

River: (22 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Aussie checks, <font color="#CC3333">HouseCalls bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Str8Fish raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Aussie 3-bets</font>, HouseCalls calls, <font color="#CC3333">Str8Fish caps</font>, Aussie calls, HouseCalls calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Aussie has Td 7s (two pair, tens and sevens).
HouseCalls has Js 4c (high card, king).
Str8Fish has 7c 8d (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Aussie wins 32 BB. </font>
Old 06-08-2006, 08:05 PM

Great post! Definetly going in the favorites. I've been looking for a note taking system that's more organized than my usual rambles, and I think this is it.

One quick question about PT. I do a decent amount of mining, so I'm getting new info on players all the time. If I export player notes again, will it overwrite any notes I put in manually, or will it just overwrite the notes originally exported from PT?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One quick question about PT. I do a decent amount of mining, so I'm getting new info on players all the time. If I export player notes again, will it overwrite any notes I put in manually, or will it just overwrite the notes originally exported from PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are in the middle of a session and hit Export it will export the stats fine but any notes you've added at the tables will be overwritten. I sugest only doing imports/exports when your poker server is closed to avoid any mix up or loss of info. I know this makes it troublesome when you want updated stats or hands they've raised but it's better then lossing an hours worth of notes.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:37 PM

Manhammer, you should import your notes from the Site into Pokertracker then export out with the data you want. this way you get your personalised notes and the data notes I do this on stars and this way I dont lose any notes ive entered during play.

I dont use the import/export as much for other sites but it should work on others. I use it on Paradise since I cant use PAHUD there and cant see player stats easily with GT+ before I sit

hth
Old 06-08-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, it relieves tension to type "WTFBBQ Donktastic Goat[censored]" or "ATM" in your notes, but that will not tell you anything except that he put a beat on you one time. Plus that may increase tilt rather then relieve it by encouraging you to play to their level. Yell at the screen all you like but keep your notes in the realm of helpful things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another reason not to do this is if it's based on one action that may be a misclick, temporary tilt, etc. Always better to type something like "b3b AQhigh nd into pf3b" and use later sessions to decide how representative that is.

Good post.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember this from one uberdonkfest stars 2c/4c session. You ran at 84/57/1 that day...hehehe

Aussie the trifecta CR master pwned you and Str8 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

oh, nice post Nomad. Quite long but youve got some gems in there that can really help people out. Using the export stats to notes can be really useful at sites where you cant see stats on villians at tables until you are dealt in.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Aussie is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Str8Fish calls, <font color="#CC3333">Aussie raises</font>, HouseCalls 3-bets</font>, [color:"#CC33
Old 06-08-2006, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Str8Fish calls, <font color="#CC3333">Aussie raises</font>, HouseCalls 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC33 [/quote">

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

something went wrong with your post house.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:42 AM

Exactly the type of post I was looking for to take my game to the next level. I've been in a few situations now where I wished I had some notes on the fella betting into me. Never knew how to efficiently take notes.

Thanks a heap!

PS: If you spot me on stars feel free to remind me to make a donation. Oh, and if I refuse sit down at my table and get it yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]