Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Limping hands from EP.

[ QUOTE ]
I am clearing a bonus at pokerroom right now and at 1/2 the average VPIP is about 20-25%. How do you play these hands at a table like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you have ask you are better off folding them more often than not. This is the place where cookie cutter pre-flop play runs into problems because it is directly related to how comfortable you are playing these marginal hands out of position after the flop.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:27 PM

I'm also a tight player (16/10), and I really think most of these hands are a fold at an average table (20/25 vpip). I only consider calling QTs, the other hands are a muck for me.

I certainly don't want to limp the suited connectors, the real small PP's and hands like KJo.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:34 PM

Heh, more like good-natured disagreement than arguing. I'm an 18/8 so it's not as if I'm horribly loose. My positional spread is almost 22 on the button down to 14+ UTG with a weird spike at 5 off the button due to variance and getting good cards in that spot. It's a pretty small sample (~5k) but enough to see my general tendencies.

I won't deny that some of those are rather loose pre-flop calls but this was a pretty fishy table. It may not have had 6-8 on the flop every time like Ed's loose SSHE pre-flop chart calls for but there were six unquestionably bad players at the table. Even so (as I promised writser) I'm going to review my early position limping.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am clearing a bonus at pokerroom right now and at 1/2 the average VPIP is about 20-25%. How do you play these hands at a table like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm clearing a Pokerroom bonus at 1/2 right now as well, and I won't sit at the table unless the VPIP is 30%+ Perhaps we're at different times of the day.. There's not many hands there that I'm playing from EP, but my thinking in EP is raise>fold>limp. I will open raise with pocket 8's from UTG+2, and maybe limp smaller pairs if the table hasn't been raising much. I don't like those suited connectors until I'm in MP.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:45 PM

Do you have some VPIP / PFR stats for the average .10/.20 table? I'm really curious.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2006, 09:48 PM

I'm playing 2/4 @ pokerroom right now. Avg table vpip's: 13.0, 14.3, 17.8, 16.1
Old 06-07-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm clearing a Pokerroom bonus at 1/2 right now as well, and I won't sit at the table unless the VPIP is 30%+ Perhaps we're at different times of the day

[/ QUOTE ]

What time are playing? I dont see many over 25% and if they are they dont last that long once tag's find them.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:50 PM

I usually look for "saw flop" stats over 40% if I can although I have played some total rock gardens where my 18/8 was around average.