Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 04:40 PM

Default Re: JJ in what looks like a steal (5/10)

[ QUOTE ]
First, as played, we don't have any idea where we are in this hand, and we have a suspicion that the villian is LAG. I feel like this is a WA/WB situation, and I'm going to call him down, and hope that he shows me pocket 8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving the LAG villan way too much credit here Bob.

You don't think he would play preflop/the flop the same way with AT, AJ, AQ, QJs, and 99? I think hero should raise because he likely has the best hand and also because the LAG won't be able to release his.

Haupt_234
Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 PM

A probable LAG 3-bets HU: This means just about nothing, so a cap PF is good, your way ahead of his range.

A probable LAG then leads the K high flop: This means just about nothing, so a raise is in order. If he 3-bets I call down.

When the A comes on the turn that makes 2 overcards. Now, I'd want to get to showdown as cheap as possible. I'd probably check behind the turn if I could and then call his river bet.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:38 PM

i think pre-flop is fine, assuming you cap about 75% of the time and call 25% of the time.

i typically raise those flops and call down against a three-bet. but since you decided to call, don't fold the turn. you can call or raise depending on previous history but folding is terrible.

this is a blind steal situation and he could be restealing with anything (too many people are already giving him credit for an a or k). don't fold the river either.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think he would play preflop/the flop the same way with AT, AJ, AQ, QJs, and 99? I think hero should raise because he likely has the best hand and also because the LAG won't be able to release his.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he can't release a hand where he is behind, in that case raising at some point is better, but I was thinking of calling down to keep him on the hook, so that he can continue to bluff off his chips if behind, while it is the cheapest alternative if I am behind. LAG's sometimes do resteal with an A or K in their hand, and that is a real possibility here.