Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 02:34 AM

Default Re: 100NL this felt really weaktight...

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to like calling with JJ OOP to avoid situations like this. There's no way to play it cheaply after you reraise big preflop, and I hate that.

[/ QUOTE ]

why play it cheap, its a big hand.

if you arent going to re-raise with JJ here you become very easy to play against as your 3betting range gets smaller
Old 06-06-2006, 04:40 AM

Didn't read the read, so I'd probably reraise here.

But against a typical, I just don't like JJ that much in the SB. One of my things with hands like JJ and TT is that I tend to get carried away with them. JJ happens to be one of my biggest losers, so I just try to avoid big confrontations OOP. I almost always seem to run into QQ or KK with them. And at best, if I raise and get called, I feel as if I'm racing or worse. I am certainly willing to open raise, but I just don't like the position I have reraising it.

On this flop, I'd check-raise though, if not bet out. It kinda depends on the opponent...
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 AM

One of my problems with JJ is if it goes past the flop, it's usual in big trouble after a reraise. If the flop comes AT3 rainbow, and we bet out OOP and get raised, we dump it. If we bet out and get called, we check the turn and usually can't handle a turn bet because it's usually for about 50-100% of our remaining stack. Keep in mind, we've already commited half our stack, and it's a horrible situation.

The only thing I feel we can do is induce bluffs, but ones where we might be behind as well.

Even when the flop is something like T58, I hate it when people stick around after the flop. So do we make the turn bet that commits us? Or do we show weakness and fold convinced that they have a set or an overpair or something?

I'm not sure, maybe it's a weakness of mine, but I find JJ one of the hardest hands to play OOP, unless I'm playing against predictable opponents who will if they don't hit.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 AM

That turn bet looks so weak, you don't think it's a FD or something screwy?

Although, I guess he could have the K and is trying a bet fold?

IDK, that turn bet from him looks strange...