Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: 3/6 AK vs. LAG

[ QUOTE ]
I'de play it the same. I don't like going for a c/r on the river because I think villan with those stats will raise a river bet here a lot of the time, allowing you to 3bang it.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you really 3-bet it after all this action? I know this guy is a pretty big LAG, but he would have to be on gorilla-tilt for me to go 3-bets on this river. I think we've made it utterly clear that we have a better K by calling the cap and leading the river. I would bet/call it.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:09 PM

In my opinion, with this opponent and his stats, you almost certainly have the best hand. Most LAGs are capping any king here. Some LAGs are capping AT. A few LAGs are capping air. I prefer bet/3-bet over C/R in this situation because you're ahead and I think villain checks through most of the time. If someone can show that villain will probably bet, I'd go for the C/R.

I do find it a little curious that you weren't 3-bet preflop, assuming villain would do so at the drop of a hat. Curious as in thinking I might see a high pocket pair or AK at showdown.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'de play it the same. I don't like going for a c/r on the river because I think villan with those stats will raise a river bet here a lot of the time, allowing you to 3bang it.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you really 3-bet it after all this action? I know this guy is a pretty big LAG, but he would have to be on gorilla-tilt for me to go 3-bets on this river. I think we've made it utterly clear that we have a better K by calling the cap and leading the river. I would bet/call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the first person who advocated a bit of caution.

Amazingly, he had 33 and didn't raise the river. I was shocked ...