Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Capote

I was very underwhelmed as well. I was excited going in, and it had some great performances and interesting themes - but, to be honest, I was just bored at times. I've liked a ton of slower paced movies, but I just found what was happening on screen here to frequently be uninteresting.

With this background story and cast, I can't help but think that a much better movie could have been made.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:11 AM

Me too.

PSH's performance: great.
The film: not so much.

I didn't find anything likable, or even dislikable, about the Capote character, so I just didn't CARE what happened to/with him. "Oh, poor me, I'll never finish this book." Dude, I don't care whether or not you finish your book. And since there's nothing else going on in the second half of the film (the crime is solved, the trials are done), I was bored, too.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What did TQZ think of this film? I thought it was pretty meh to be honest. Very slow and draggy. Chris Cooper was good but not in it enough, and of course PSH's performance was really awesome. But overall the way it was made was pretty gay. Lots of long still camera shots that seemed really elitist and without purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of this. I thought it was a decent film that tried a bit too hard to be a great film using too many film school gimmicks.

Not saying it wasn't worth seeing, though. PSH was super as usual.