Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Pokcet Kings Shorthanded

point taken, and obviously a lot depends on what the "xx" are in KKxx and what type of read i have. however, i still like the reraise to figure out where i am in this particular hand. i'm not advocating the reraise as an absolute blanket rule, but in this and many other situations, flat calling preflop means that if i don't hit a K on the flop, i really have no idea where i stand. i find that i donate less when i have narrowed the range of holdings a bit better. for an aggressive player like me, reraising preflop helps me define how i want to bet the rest of the hand. also, i like the reraise in this 3-handed situation because it gets the 3rd player to fold.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Pokcet Kings Shorthanded

All reraising preflop is gonna tell you is that your opponent (probably) doesn't have AA. You're still going to be out of position hoping for a board that doesn't help his hand, of which you know nothing about.

I am the biggest proponent of pushing small edges around here, but lately it seems like no one actually wants to play poker anymore.