Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Peyton Manning?

it is, but most of the time the offensive line just absolutely collapsed.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if Indy wins, it'll be because of the officials, not because of Manning. That guy's a choad and a choker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another person who hates Peyton so he pisses on everything he does, add it to the list.

Cody
Old 01-15-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if Indy wins, it'll be because of the officials, not because of Manning. That guy's a choad and a choker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another person who hates Peyton so he pisses on everything he does, add it to the list.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We only piss on his performaces in games where he gets knocked out of the playoffs. That's the whole point. He's All-Universe until it really matters, and be it against the Patriots, or at home in the 2nd round off a bye (this is the 2nd time he's blown one of *those*), he's all-scrub when the pressure is really on the line.

It's not that we aren't willing to give him credit for rocking in Week 6. It's just that we know what's waiting around the corner when things start to get hot and heavy.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Manning is way better than Brady.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this is scarcasm but I'll respond as if it's not, I don't think he's "way better", he's just a different type of QB. Brady is the best in the league at exicuting the gameplan, coach sends in the plays, Brady runs them, touchdown.
Mannings strength is his intellegence, he's able to read better and adapt better then Brady.

Also Brady has had better teams around him in the clutch, so he gets the rep of being a clutch QB. Niether of them is really any better then the other at being "clutch", it's a 22 person game and they are but one player.

Cody
Old 01-15-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No. We only piss on his performaces in games where he gets knocked out of the playoffs. That's the whole point. He's All-Universe until it really matters, and be it against the Patriots, or at home in the 2nd round off a bye (this is the 2nd time he's blown one of *those*), he's all-scrub when the pressure is really on the line.

It's not that we aren't willing to give him credit for rocking in Week 6. It's just that we know what's waiting around the corner when things start to get hot and heavy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did a bad job of blocking in this game, I agree. Manning's got to get to the line and seal off the oncoming linemen, push them away, then throw the ball.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I guess when Peyton puts up stats like allowing 8 sacks, fumbling 3 times on the run, dropping 12 passes, and blowing all his coverages, he really does suck.

Oh wait it's a 22 person game and Manning can only control so much. Gimmie a break.

Cody

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this is scarcasm but I'll respond as if it's not, I don't think he's "way better", he's just a different type of QB. Brady is the best in the league at exicuting the gameplan, coach sends in the plays, Brady runs them, touchdown.
Mannings strength is his intellegence, he's able to read better and adapt better then Brady.

Also Brady has had better teams around him in the clutch, so he gets the rep of being a clutch QB. Niether of them is really any better then the other at being "clutch", it's a 22 person game and they are but one player.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he is just one player why did he overrule the coach?

Sorry Manning took this one on himself, showed up the coach, and didn't come through. Can't have it both ways.

Old 01-15-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did a bad job of blocking in this game, I agree. Manning's got to get to the line and seal off the oncoming linemen, push them away, then throw the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn. It's *never* his fault according to his defenders. The fact is that every one of the recent elimination games were eminently winnable if he has even an *average* game.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he is just one player why did he overrule the coach?

Sorry Manning took this one on himself, showed up the coach, and didn't come through. Can't have it both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

What both ways, he pushed the punt team off and calls many of the plays sure, but where did he fail in this game. Pitt played well, and his line was like Swiss cheese, neither of which are real condusive to an Indy win.

Cody