Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: 10/20 turn min c/r!

he folded to my raise, nice play by me!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:32 AM

I think this line has considerable fold equity; it is, after all, the traditional "monster" line, isn't it?

I guess I'm curious what you're doing if the river bricks . . . I assume we're pushing if we hit, right? But what about a blank?
Old 12-31-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this line has considerable fold equity; it is, after all, the traditional "monster" line, isn't it?

I guess I'm curious what you're doing if the river bricks . . . I assume we're pushing if we hit, right? But what about a blank?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, as a rule of thumb I don't make plans for hands I'm in anymore. Instead I fumble into awkward losing situations and make the wrong move before giving it any thought.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a good perceptive player, this line can be extremely effective, but against an average to below average player, I'd prefer to hammer home the point with a raise that screams 'I HAVE A MONSTER.JUST FOLD AND SAVE YOUR MONEY'.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:27 PM

heh, this is actually an interesting line because most solid players will actually call the turn bet and then fold to most pot sized river bets given the action. Mathematically... they feel compelled to call the turn bet and then will fold to most rivers. SO in a sense, you're simply building a pot on the turn you're most likely going to take down on the river, unless it comes an A.
Good hand, nice play. Still, a raise to 800 seems better just because we wouldn't mind a fold and the raise to 800 builds the pot larger for the river bluff.

Folding I GUESS is okay... if you're a girl.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heh, this is actually an interesting line because most solid players will actually call the turn bet and then fold to most pot sized river bets given the action. Mathematically... they feel compelled to call the turn bet and then will fold to most rivers. SO in a sense, you're simply building a pot on the turn you're most likely going to take down on the river, unless it comes an A.
Good hand, nice play.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really think 'solid' players are chasing vs him without odds? I doubt it.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:59 PM

I remember one picture on PokerStars that was an old lady and his username was something like grandma. I was like 'nice try' buddy.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:08 PM

I dont like.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good hand, nice play.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really think 'solid' players are chasing vs him without odds? I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm... I guess a problem with a smallish raise would be that it has too little fold equity and ALL players, not just solid ones, would feel more comfortable calling the river bet because it's action ending... so maybe you're better off making that big raise on the turn to get an additional folding opportunity.

Solid players may call the turn with the intention of calling down any river bet.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:31 AM

This isn't a mincheckraise