Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Microfolks in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
Sweatshop Union - Don't Mind Us

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you really are a supreme nit!

(but yeah, i know. it sucks. it's hard to find *any* footwear that isn't, but i figure i'd rather give money to a company like Teva than a company like Nike.)
Old 05-28-2006, 04:36 AM

dave:

just found this in the "teva faq" on the teva website. it's press release-y, but better than nothing:

[ QUOTE ]

Along with our parent company, Deckers Outdoor Corporation, Teva practices the highest standards of progressive business practices relating to human and workers rights in all aspects of our manufacturing process. Teva firmly believes in and supports the Human Rights standards dictated by Amnesty International (www.amnesty.org) that help to create a safe, fair, and humane workplace. As a company we personally evaluate all our manufacturers several times yearly to ensure that these standards are met and even exceeded. We do not partner with any manufacturer that employs child, forced, indentured or convict labor in any capacity. We also work closely with each vendor to ensure that their factories offer necessary safety measures such as air filtration, first aid, adequate lighting, and safe workstations.

[/ QUOTE ]

--http://www.teva.com/about/FAQ.aspx
Old 05-28-2006, 04:45 AM

and, uh, sorry about highjacking your thread, ignignokt. you are my digital ruler.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alternatively, take the new NL book and see how you fare at the 1/2 NL tables. I just got my copy today, and it's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it's hit the B&M B&N yet, but I'll check today. Vegas NL donkage is legend.

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Vegas! (i'm kind of doing this whole "poker" thing backwards). So, yeah, let me know if you wanna try and hook up.

I will be in the Wynn 4/8 a lot this weekend. I am easy to spot; i wear Tevas with socks. Yeah, you heard me: Tevas with socks. Also, right now, i'm trying out a beard-type thing. Perfect for Vegas summers [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't be in until Monday afternoon, but if you've got some time on a weekday/night...you've got a PM.

Edit: And I'm from Seattle, so I'm all too familiar to the concept of Tevas and socks.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Ig, I'd love to go! Maybe micros are up for going like in August?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, well, cough, I think Wookie may be planning, cough, something for, uh, September or something...
Old 05-28-2006, 01:37 PM

Well, I was, but I'm not sure how that looks now. See, I'm going to have my qualifier sometime between late August and late November, but I haven't got it scheduled yet. I can't exactly fritter away to Vegas the weekend before the most important exam I'll ever take in my life. However, if I were to schedule a Vegas trip immediately following the exam, it would be awesome, and I would plan on not being sober for virtually all of it. I'm going to try and get my date set as soon as possible.

Further complicating things, though, is that I might have to help my family move my brother from Seattle to Boston at the end of August. If I need to take a bunch of days off for that, I may not have enough vacation time for that, a Vegas trip, AND to see my family for Christmas. Sorry, but family>Vegas. We'll have to see how it shakes out. There might be some creative solutions.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:30 PM

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I'll be in Vegas Aug 24-27 for my fantasy football league draft (isn't that a great Vegas-with-college-buddies excuse?). I'll probably post again as the time draws near.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am easy to spot; i wear Tevas with socks. Yeah, you heard me: Tevas with socks. Also, right now, i'm trying out a beard-type thing. Perfect for Vegas summers [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:46 PM

i would like to reaffirm that a fall micro/ssh vegas trip would be ATTENDED BY ME!!!111!1!

i would, however, require that people go to the liquor store for me...
Old 05-28-2006, 04:53 PM

And just how would you plan on playing in any donktacular 4/8 games? Or would I have to play those for you, too?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And just how would you plan on playing in any donktacular 4/8 games? Or would I have to play those for you, too?

[/ QUOTE ]

"err i forgot my id in the room, floor. here, take these red chips!!!1!!!11!11!"

and i would be playing with your cash anyway...yes, i know your party id!!!1