Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: can ribbo fold mid set?

Ah I see, so in your original post, where you make a futile attempt to mock not only me, but Andrew Prock (an educated and well accomplished poker player who I consider a good friend), and then ask a question, you expect me to somehow be civilised with you.
Well firstly I don't know you, I can't say I have ever played with you or gotten into a conversation with you in the past. So you kinda didn't help your cause by doctoring a screenshot and posting it in the hope of getting a cheap laugh. But that's fine if that's what you want to do, you've let me know not to waste my time helping you out.
Secondly, saying stuff like "I don't see why you start something where no one wants to argue with you" after being deliberately antagonistic (look it up in the dictionary if it's too long for you) kinda seals the deal for you being a retard. If you want a slanging match, sure I'm up for that. I can do that all day long.
Oh and I can also do it, while 6 tabling and winning $1000.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Pokerhand.org is back

It's working again now. Obviously they either got DNS hijacked temporarily, or their hosting ran out for the month and they forgot to renew it.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:12 PM

Ribbo,

Please don't cut off jeffman from your fountain of sagely advise. Give him another chance to grovel at the feet of your greatness.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:14 PM

op definitely looks less the douche here
Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 PM

I'm sorry, you're in this post why?
Didn't Felicia just tell you to STFU? Or are you that retarded that you can't understand that occasionally, things aren't about you. Because that's clearly the real issue here. You can't stand the fact that I'm quite happy to have a forum thread THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE YOU. So kindly, as Felicia pointed out, keep the [censored] away from my posts.
[censored] retard.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 PM

The final bet amount screams value bet (but wouldn't a flush + straight draw raise the flop?), but as played I don't see how you could fold.

Nicely played.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, you're in this post why?
Didn't Felicia just tell you to STFU? Or are you that retarded that you can't understand that occasionally, things aren't about you. Because that's clearly the real issue here. You can't stand the fact that I'm quite happy to have a forum thread THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE YOU. So kindly, as Felicia pointed out, keep the [censored] away from my posts.
[censored] retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ribbo,

Are you the OP? Thought not. And BTW, get a refund from the charm school your parents sent you to.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:37 PM

Says the PRICK who started it all off.... You were the retard who wanted me to be like this, well now you've got it. Charm school obviously passed you by when you decided to immediately stick your nose in to my first post and make an unwarranted, and childish comment aimed towards me. Maybe if you learned to STFU as Felicia mentioned when locking the other post, you would find i'm perfectly reasonable. But if you want this forum to continue it's downward spiral, then go right ahead and make another dumb responce....
Old 05-25-2006, 01:59 PM

Ribbo,

I'm going to make one last comment and then I'm through with it and you can have the last word. I didn't start this thread but it's true I baited you here and in the other one, as well as in the past, although my first post here was to the effect that you played the hand in question correctly for most players.

But the following is also true:

-You have denigrated the 2+2 community in your blog on more than one occasion back when all such postings were publicly viewable
-You constantly have an denigrating tone with other posters. This isn't called for even though you are more likely to be correct regarding strategy advise in PLO8 than the vast majority of other such hi/lo posters.
-You have constantly bragged about your winnings and playing prowess, while never to my knowledge acknowledging making any playing mistakes.
-Although you obviously read here regularly, you don't post strategy advise now for many months but feel it necessary to challenge any unkind occasional reference about you, when if you were more secure in your abilities you wouldn't feel the need to do.

We're definitely all a surly bunch here, but if you acted like a member of this community, which includes regular strategy posting and a willingness to acknowldge that you too can occasionally learn something, even if just by reading and thinking about situations that are posted about by others, then you would be given more respect.

And for the record, if you ever found yourself in need of backing because non-poker necessities sapped your roll, then I would say to anyone here that they would be doing well to have a piece of your plo8 (but not necessarily plo high) action. But they probably wouldn't actually want much to do with you personally otherwise.

You get the last jab.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:25 PM

The sad thing is, I've done the "regular strategy posting" to a greater degree than anyone else. But you still acted childish all the way through. I will continue to denigrate the 2+2 community while it includes people like you for the very reasons I (and gergery) have explained in our own blogs.
That people like you drive away the good posters for whatever personal reasons you have.
Point is I am better. I have never asked "to be worshipped" as you put it. And all of my comments have been in context to the hand. If someone has been stupid in a hand, I call them an idiot. I have never launched a personal attack on anyone, but if players don't like being called dumb when they have been dumb then they can go back to losing lots of money at the poker table, safe in the knowledge that no-one will ever hurt their feelings.
When I was learning to play poker 10 years ago, I would have LOVED someone to explain to me how stupid and dumb I was at the time. Indeed it was thanks to RGP and on the most part Gary Carson that I learned a kick up the backside was the best thing to ever happen. There is absolutely no reason ever to sugar coat a bad play and I'm certainly not ever going to pretend "he didn't play it that badly".
If you want my advice, because it will be better than 99% of the other replies in any given thread, you will have to accept it the way I tell it. Oh and have some stats to compare from Stars for PLO vs PLO8....
Closed Thread