Default Re: Young, single guys who live alone or with friends

[ QUOTE ]
a high price to pay to be with your "boys"

[/ QUOTE ]

So you had no social life right?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually did not move out until I was around 26 and paid no rent while living at home. I graduated college around 22 so I was working full time for 4 years while still at home. Would I do it again? Hell yes

Just think, 500 a month in rent + food = let's say 1000 a month easy in savings. 1,000 a month X 12 X 8 years = damn near 100,000 I saved myself. I'm 30 and I just paid off the mortgage on my home. It's clear sailing for me until 45 when I plan to retire.

On the other hand you could move out and be like everyone else when they graduate school.....30K+ in student loans + 20K or more in CC debt that will take them forever to pay off.... a high price to pay to be with your "boys"

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you live at home throughout college? You couldn't pay me $100k to live at home for those 4 years.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:12 PM

Agreed, 100k over 8 years really isn't that much. 13k a year to have the freedom and life I have living alone? I'd easily do it again
Old 05-24-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually did not move out until I was around 26 and paid no rent while living at home.

On the other hand you could move out and be like everyone else when they graduate school.....30K+ in student loans + 20K or more in CC debt that will take them forever to pay off.... a high price to pay to be with your "boys"

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 0K in student loans (scholarship) and 0K in CC debt (always paid my balance in full every month). I am turning 25 so I'm just a year off from being in your shoes.

-------------

Did any of you guys have to deal with parents who actually DIDN'T want you to go and WANTED to support you in every way until you were 30 if you felt like it? I've got a 100 megaton guilt-nuke that has been detonated here.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:13 PM

haha you guys are funny. i moved back home after i graduated college. i'm 25 now... and i'm definitely looking to get out, but i'm not an awkward socially inept broke loser.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:15 PM

If you live at home and dont pay rent/food, then its not so much that you are saving money, as you are just stealing from your parents!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did any of you guys have to deal with parents who actually DIDN'T want you to go and WANTED to support you in every way until you were 30 if you felt like it? I've got a 100 megaton guilt-nuke that has been detonated here.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely. and i shudder at the thought of how much worse it would be if i tried to move outside of driving distance.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely. and i shudder at the thought of how much worse it would be if i tried to move outside of driving distance.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm going through this now. i went away to college, but still only lived a 1/2 hour away. i've been living at home, graduated in december.
in a week i'll be moving out, living 20 minutes away
my mom insists i should live at home and save up money blah blah. i'm ready to go big time.
i also have no debt (student loans or cc), and now my commute to work will be cut in half
Old 05-24-2006, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha you guys are funny. i moved back home after i graduated college. i'm 25 now... and i'm definitely looking to get out, but i'm not an awkward socially inept broke loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet lie. Loser.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:26 PM

A guy I worked with, and was also my friend's neighbor, lived at home for 4 years I think after graduating. Before that he had lived on campus the whole time. Anyway, he worked his job, dealt with the commute, never bought a new car although he did get a Triumph Daytona 1000 bike, and pulled down his $55k a year. Now, he's been on his own for about a year and a half, owns 2 houses in north Atlanta, and is about to buy a third.

Sure doesn't seem like too much wrong with that plan if you can pull it.