Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Re: I hope to God this is standard - AQo

Bet the turn on this board. He could be calling with a lot here - FD, SD, pp, etc.

Call the river and it is not close. He could be taking a shot with nothing, a small pair, a 9, or a Q.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:07 PM

Say you bet the turn, and he donked the river--what is your play?
Old 05-24-2006, 04:27 PM

i don't like the fold. and i usually bet the turn, also.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:44 PM

I actually like the turn check.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say you bet the turn, and he donked the river--what is your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

call. too easy of a bluff scare card.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:50 PM

ehhh... im gonna say not standard and you probably just found a weakpoint in ur game

I always bet these turns against a relative unknown with the board pairing the turn after a draw heavey flop in position ( or a nondraw heavey flop for that matter unless they're a complete rock which almost noone is), you'd be amazed how often small stakes players who peel most every flop ( and alot of turns with not much) give up on the turn when this happens and u bet again, and if they call a large portion of their huge range from the blinds are draws which miss the majority of the time so u get that extra bet in and win with ur ace high at showdown

takin the freecard and folding anytime u dont hit ur "3 outter" A is pretty exploitable and even passive fish go for it when u turn the light green occasionally

plus think about it from his perspective, with the spade now hitting after ur freecard play he donks right out.
Yes, sometimes he'll have a flush or a K but alot of times in these HU situation they ll bet out with almost any hand ( and call a bet on the flop with many many hands most of which ur AQ high is still good against), with a real real hand hed have to worry atleast a bit u had a flush draw and took the freecard (unless you always bet again with a fd but u two dont have any history from the sounds of it) many of his likely holdings u now beat if u didnt before and they're even more inclined to donk here if they have no showdown value whatsoever ( a K or 9 may attempt to induce a bluff realizing u ll bet hands they beat but u wont call a bet with; that mite be giving them too much credit tho) hands like 86 or 810 will probably donk the river after ur turn play the vast majority of the time ( knowing they can win no other way) and lower PPs as well atleast some decent percentage of the time QJ or Q10 are also possibilities since he knows u dont have a K or a 7 most likely.

Had u bet the turn i think the river would be a real thin value bet but since its a spade and i wouldnt wanna have to fold to a cr id probably just check it down but id bet an A even if it was spade if checked to

Given that u took the freecard the rivers probably a must call you gotta be good 20-25% of the time or so, only way id fold is if i had history with the villian and had almsot never seen him donk a river missed draw or weak pair type hand after i took a free card in position on the turn this profile does not fit very many small stakes players however
Old 05-24-2006, 05:22 PM

Yeah, I agree.. I guess that means b/f, b/f is the best line (in OP's case).
Old 05-24-2006, 05:31 PM

I'm never folding this river. You're giving away way too much folding here.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:05 PM

I'm fairly new at the game but I like the turn check. Too many times I've had my stomach turn over with the check/raise on the turn (not to say I don't do it). But given that you shown weakness, I'd call this one at the river. The only hands I think you have beat is a low pocket pair, a 9 or a lower Q. The hands you dont are the k,7, flush....I'd pay for the info (and slim chance you caught him pushing cause of your check)
Old 05-24-2006, 08:29 PM

IMO, if he has a king he may as well CR the flop to get cheap info about you. He'd bet out with a set in case you had a flush draw, so that leaves us with a flush or not a flush. I call at 4-1 to find out.