Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Publishing Schedule

hey mess:

when i asked conjelco about this (when ordering) i was told they'd ship together if they could, but one at a time if one book was ready for shipping before the other, with no additional handling and shipping charges.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason--Are you dropping some off at Gambler's General Store tomorrow or just filling mail orders?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know the same, except about delivery to the Gambler's Book Club.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will Conjelco will ship the books together?

Looking forward to the summer reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

They emailed me asking if I wanted a split shipment. I said nah if they are going to be released within a week of each other.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will Conjelco will ship the books together?

Looking forward to the summer reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

They emailed me asking if I wanted a split shipment. I said nah if they are going to be released within a week of each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, too. Except I told them to split the shipment. A small extra charge for a split shipment is nothing to a guy who needs as instant gratification as possible. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Onaflag........
Old 05-23-2006, 04:21 PM

I was just about to order Miller / Sklansky's new book but shipping to Canada was shown as $27!!! So the book is $23 but it is going to cost me $50 US to get it here?? Please tell me there is a better way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Btw, if the Book was $44.95 and shipping was $5 then I would have much less of a problem ordering it - I just can't stomach paying more for shipping than the price of the book.

rvg
Old 05-23-2006, 04:25 PM

Never mind, I just ordered it through Amazon.ca - hopefully there isn't too much of a delay in them getting their shipment of this book.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 05-23-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Shipping Schedule

Folks: to head off the "where are my books" emails...

We processed credit cards, etc. for the vast majority of the orders for either or both of the new books on Sunday, and shipment orders have been sent to the warehouse. If you've ordered since mid-day on Sunday then your orders are being processed as we get them. If you ordered your books along with other items, then we will start processing them today.

However, please be aware that there are literally hundreds and hundreds of orders to be processed and 1) the bulk of the books have to get to the warehouse for them all to ship, and 2) we can't pack and ship all of the orders simultaneously.

As Mason says above, we hope to be able to have everything ordered through today shipped by the first of next week (which in the US is really Tuesday, May 30 due to the Memorial Day holiday.)

We know you want your books and we'll do our best to get them to you as fast as possible.

Best,

Chuck

P.S. Because of the way we processed these in bulk it will be a while before the status of your order is available. However, if we had problems with your payment method (e.g., credit card declined) we have already sent you an e-mail. If you sent us payment via check, Neteller, or PayPal, or if you did not get a "credit card problem" e-mail then the chances are excellent that your order will be shipping shortly.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Shipping Schedule

When do you think both the new books will hit Amazon.com?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:51 PM

Mason is planning to drop off some books to the Gambler's Book Club this afternoon. I don't know if he will get them there before they close for the day, but they should be available there tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:20 PM

fantastic, I've just ordered both of these books and can't wait to sink my teeth into them. I wouldn't care if they cost $500 each with another $100 for shipping I'd still buy them. For anyone playing regular poker the cost of any book that will help your game is insignificant IMO.