Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 09:06 AM

Default Re: TT in SB, please tell me why I suck

bet/3bet that river.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:11 PM

i don't have a good feeling about the 3 bet pre-flop. assuming no 10 comes (likely), this can prove to be a very difficult hand to play post flop with overcards present (likely)...
Old 05-23-2006, 01:21 PM

reraise that river... if he slowrolled that QJ against you so be it... i think you see two pair/lower set here often enough to make the raise profitable
Old 05-23-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't have a good feeling about the 3 bet pre-flop. assuming no 10 comes (likely), this can prove to be a very difficult hand to play post flop with overcards present (likely)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this myself. My reasoning was this. I figure only one of the limpers is loose. The rest are in the 20-25 VPIP range and I was hoping to drop one or two of them with the reraise. IF I can get this pot to 3 way action with UTG+2 and PFR with a few dead money limps, then the 3-bet is the correct play. Although calling and CRing certain flops is also a completely viable option.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:22 PM

the preflop 3 bet is for value as you have the best hand here alot, and to give others between you and the button a chance to drop overcards to your pair; this is especially so since they may fear a cap behind them.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:03 PM

No one else check-raising this flop?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

since the most likely bettor will be the button and the c/r will shut out the field when you are soooooooooooo often best, no i would rather bet and collect bets and if button raises, 3 bet.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

since the most likely bettor will be the button and the c/r will shut out the field when you are soooooooooooo often best, no i would rather bet and collect bets and if button raises, 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're also opening the door for all the donkeys with a Q or J to hang around hoping to get their straight. Against the typical 2/4 opponent, I really want most of them out of the hand after this flop.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're also opening the door for all the donkeys with a Q or J to hang around hoping to get their straight. Against the typical 2/4 opponent, I really want most of them out of the hand after this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you c/r there would be 20 sb in the pot right? you can peel with a gutter @ 10-1.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Checking this flop sucks. You have been the preflop aggressor, you have a hand with great equity in a huge pot, you cannot be totally sure someone will bet the flop for you, so you bet and hope to get the opportunity to 3-bet.