Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Buying expensive jeans - trip report

[ QUOTE ]
A big ass does make jean shopping hard, so I've heard. But its nothing compared to the trials and tribulations of having a gigantic wang!

[/ QUOTE ]

<brag>
A gigantic wang does make jean shopping hard, so I've heard. But its nothing compared to the trials and tribulations of having both a big ass AND a gigantic wang.
</brag>
Old 05-20-2006, 04:00 PM

I have a pretty fat ass for a 36 waist and I haveseveral pairs of lucky jeans that fit me real well and I really like. Maybe you should go try them again.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:01 PM

Warik, Im built like you, i dont really wear jeans often, but when I do I get eddie bauers, they fit really well. I cant wear most european designed jeans because they fit weird, same goes for bananna republics. Express for men usually has decent fitting jeans for 80-150.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:20 PM

This is a funny post to me because my Sunday just a few weeks ago started off just like this.

Having never purchased a pair of jeans over $50 in my life (actually probably $40), I wandered into Nordstrom's while waiting for a movie showtime. I definitely needed some good jeans, and I decided to treat myself with an expensive pair. I look at a bunch before discovering a rack of 7 (FOR ALL MANKIND!!!!!!) jeans that look pretty good.

I try a few on, and eventually one pair really feel great and look pretty decent. 7 jeans are fairly tight in the seat, but I'm skinny so it's no big deal. I'm also pretty tall, but the 32 waist size ones were long enough not to look too short, but not also dragging along the ground.

They were $185 and today I still do not regret the purchase. However, they did lead to the button fly thread I started a couple weeks ago here in OOT.

I'm gonna wear the hell out of them...
Old 05-20-2006, 05:01 PM

Over here the general consensus is that jeans under 100€ (130$) aren't worth purchasing and good jeans start at about 150€ (190$).

Yeah, we europeans are crazy.

It's not elitism really though (or at least not _just_ elitism), cheap jeans just usually look and feel bad. I usually wear Armani cos they are the only jeans that usually fit. If it's not Armani it's some other Italian brand, I have a slim ass so I can't wear those baggy jeans, I want my jeans tight and italians usually provide adequate tightness.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I look at a bunch before discovering a rack of 7 (FOR ALL MANKIND!!!!!!) jeans that look pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

'7 for all mankind' jeans are great.

Before I left for college, I never heard of them. I came from a small town and I thought paying 90 dollars for jeans was expensive. Then I moved to school and my roommate's family was real well off. I needed some clothes and him and his girlfriend tagged along and said, try these on. They fit better than any other jean and I have had the same pair for three years and they are still in good condition. No other jean in my lifetime has lasted longer then a year.

Diesel aren't too bad either.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:05 PM

After years of never spending over $50 on a pair of jeans, I bought a pair of Luckys. Super comfortable.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I look at a bunch before discovering a rack of 7 (FOR ALL MANKIND!!!!!!) jeans that look pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

'7 for all mankind' jeans are great.

Before I left for college, I never heard of them. I came from a small town and I thought paying 90 dollars for jeans was expensive. Then I moved to school and my roommate's family was real well off. I needed some clothes and him and his girlfriend tagged along and said, try these on. They fit better than any other jean and I have had the same pair for three years and they are still in good condition. No other jean in my lifetime has lasted longer then a year.

Diesel aren't too bad either.

[/ QUOTE ]

these brands won't fit someone in the op's size range. they are pretty much geared for men with the muscle mass of heroin addicts.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:43 PM

Scraggs,

<- 6'3" 225 - I wear those.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:07 PM

why the [censored] did i open this thread?