Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Shower Shuffle

[ QUOTE ]

but it might seem borderline to some

-pug

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close. in a live cash game, you can flip over your cards anytime you want heads-up.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only people who would think this is angle shooting are people who don't know what angle shooting is. That's seems to be quite a few on the forums these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

so they only people who would think this is an angle shoot is quite a few people?

you've been very nitty about this subject lately, maybe just relax.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with this play. I actually pulled it in a live game about two weeks ago. Managed to win a 400BB pot with 300BB going in on the river. He had a set I rivered my flush. He checked I moved in way overbetting he pot, then turned my Ax. He then thought for about 5mins eventually flipped a coin and called.

I really dont see a problem with it. But I would be hesitant to pull it on certain opponents ie those bigger than me that could kick my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the hand above is true, which I doubt, your opponent is a retard of the highest magnitude, and I'm not sure how turning over the ace of suit helped him call.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:22 AM

It isn't the least bit unethical or an angle shoot at all.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:27 AM

it's way different when there aren't cards to come
Old 05-19-2006, 09:07 AM

Daliman why the hate? The hand is 100% true, have u ever seen the people who hang out in 2/5NL games. OF course my opponent was an idiot.

The theory behind the show is why would u show the Ax if you really had the flush. It just forces people into thinking too hard which they cant handle and they make mistakes such as calling.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Daliman why the hate? The hand is 100% true, have u ever seen the people who hang out in 2/5NL games. OF course my opponent was an idiot.

The theory behind the show is why would u show the Ax if you really had the flush. It just forces people into thinking too hard which they cant handle and they make mistakes such as calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hate, just calling 'em like I see 'em.

Because if you have a flush, and he has a set, if you are already on the river, showing the Ace of suit would make him MORE likely to think you have the flush, as you would have been calling with the nut flush draw. Since obviously, ANY flush is good, turning over the ace should/would only serve to make him believe your hand more and possibly even fold a lower flush. Turning over ANY flush card should make him WAY more likely to fold. The ONLY way this could be even near not a terrible show is if there happened to be an ace on board. Now, if you DIDN'T have the flush, it'd be a lot better play here.

Also, you are saying there was $500 in the pot, and you bet $750 and he CALLS you when you show the one card that would make ANYONE think you had/have reason to chase the flush? Even if true, this would be a total misapplication of the idea, as doing it on the turn at least gives him the hope that you are chasing.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but it might seem borderline to some

-pug

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close. in a live cash game, you can flip over your cards anytime you want heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true for all rooms everywhere (though I personally think it should be).
Old 05-19-2006, 09:42 AM

Say your opponent goes allin on the river. Are you allowed to show your cards without calling or mucking? I always do this at my home game to get a reaction out of my opponent.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because if you have a flush, and he has a set, if you are already on the river, showing the Ace of suit would make him MORE likely to think you have the flush, as you would have been calling with the nut flush draw. Since obviously, ANY flush is good, turning over the ace should/would only serve to make him believe your hand more and possibly even fold a lower flush

[/ QUOTE ]

So if the board is 5s Ts Jh 4s Qd

are you saying it'd be better to show the As here if you had As 9d than it would to show the As if you had As 9s???