FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: avoid checkraised.com tools (rake tracker etc) *ROOTKIT*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. The download of rbcalc.exe is no longer available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preventative of course. The developer of rbcalc.exe doesn't work for them. I'd do the same if I were them until this blows over.

But my results do not match yours. Since this is the first time you ever posted here I am beginning to smell a conspiracy to spread rumors about Rake Tracker and Checkraised. I'm not making accusations yet, I'm only saying your post is as Kosher as Christmas.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at my registration date. Do you really think I made an account more than a month ago to start a conspiration today?

We had the same issues in our german community forum. Some had virus detection on rbcalc.exe, some not.
I belive that the people who have no problems with rbcalc downloaded a previous, trojan-free version earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got to admit its an odd coincidence right?

I ran the latest version. Of course its always possible that if there was a virus my Virus Protection/Firewall stopped it from being installed. I'd like to get feedback from others who are established here that can also verify.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish rt or morgant or somebody else who does raketracker's site maintenance would weigh in, they should have all of their versions of rbcalc. I hate rt and hope he dies, but I've never thought he was an incompetent admin. I personally have never seen anything in rbcalc. I'm assuming TT is right so far though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not assuming anything anymore. Its possible, thats why I submitted it. I hope the OP is wrong, but its still possible. Better safe than sorry!

Old 05-12-2006, 03:37 PM

I pm'ed Morgant but he's not around atm.

knowing the level of service at raketracker.com there is no way these guys would knowingly allow this to happen.

They've been my main affiliate for ages and Chris is a stand up guy.

if there is an issue with rb.calc likely it has become corrupt/hacked without them knowing about it. No way they are going to endanger there reputation on something like this..they make way too much money.

either the app was hacked or this is a smear campaign
Old 05-12-2006, 05:19 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...vc=#Post5796727
Old 05-12-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...vc=#Post5796727

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Although this software was infected, we have thoroughly examined our websites and have found that none of them were compromised. The person who programmed this file did not have access to any of our sites. He would send updates by way of email, we would virus scan it (what good that did!), and then we would upload it to our website. Any information stored on Rake Tracker, Your Poker Cash, and Check Raised remains secure and safe.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this software did install a Rootkit as the OP suggested, then any possible security breach on your website seems pretty insignificant in comparison to what may have happened as a result of somebody using a rootkit to steal passwords.

I don't know much about your site, but I do think you should explain more carefully what could have been happening as a result of this security breach. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2006, 06:16 PM

It appears I was not infected from this program however I did run RootKit Revealer and it showed 7 entries. Should I be concerned? What should I do?

Local Settings\Temp\JETE68B.tmp
Local Settings\Temp\JETE69A.tmp
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs\20060505.024\vscanmsx.dat
D:\Program Files\Poker Tracker V2\hhdb.ldb
D:\Program Files\Poker Tracker V2\ptrack2.ldb
D:\WINDOWS\Temp\FlashMaker
D:\WINDOWS\Temp\FlashMaker\PFFMFlash.swf
Old 05-12-2006, 07:02 PM

Symantec confirms the existance of a Trojan.

LINK

I think we all owe a great big thanks to the OP. Great job in finding this and pointing it out to us all.