Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Champions League Final

I've said Barcelona all along, but I'm getting less and less certain. I think Arsenal have a good chance.

By the way Ronaldinho by a landslide, he can do things with the ball that Henry can only dream about.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Henry totally outclasses ronaldinho with his pace and he doesnt look like a total tool either

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, Henri is faster, stronger, more explosive. But the comparison is a bit sketchy, because they really play different positions. Henri is a pure striker and has the appropriate attributes. And no doubt he is a great one. Maybe the current best, but I'm not going to argue that either way. Ronaldinho is more of an attacking midfielder and a play maker (who can go to goal of course).

My take on the original question anyway--Arsenal would have a much easier time replacing Henri than Barca would Ronaldinho, by a big margin.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've said Barcelona all along, but I'm getting less and less certain. I think Arsenal have a good chance.

By the way Ronaldinho by a landslide, he can do things with the ball that Henry can only dream about.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with Ronaldinho (imo) is that he's more of an entertainer then a football player.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My take on the original question anyway--Arsenal would have a much easier time replacing Henri than Barca would Ronaldinho, by a big margin.

[/ QUOTE ]

that so incredibly not true and this really isn't about Ronaldinho and Henry, if we use "generic good striker/attacking midfielder" it's a lot harder for Arsenal to replace a world class striker then it is for Barça to replace a world class attacking midfielder. Watch Barça play without Ronaldinho, they're obviously not as good but they're still a fantastic team, in fact I'd say there are easily 2 or 3 players that Barça would miss more than Ronaldinho (and this doesn't mean they're "better" players).
Old 05-12-2006, 06:14 AM

I agree with Fallen if Henrey goes in the summer, which he might, they will struggle to find a 25-30 goal a season player to replace him. Unless they go for Ruud but I guess he will be off to europe somewhere.

There isnt really anyone in the Premiership I could think they would go for and generally it takes a season for a forign striker to bed down and get to his potential in the Premiership.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in fact I'd say there are easily 2 or 3 players that Barça would miss more than Ronaldinho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you thinking about? I'd can only think of one: Carles Puyol.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in fact I'd say there are easily 2 or 3 players that Barça would miss more than Ronaldinho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you thinking about? I'd can only think of one: Carles Puyol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Puyol was the first one I thought about probably Xavi too.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:16 PM

Yeah when you count out the number of goals he's scoring it seems like a bigger deal. Maybe you're right. I definitely agree they would suffer to lose him under any theory. But there are good strikers out there (I don't mean specifically, in the transfer market--I have no idea who is and isn't available ). I think the better play maker with the somewhat lesser striker is more valuable for a team. Look at Brazil in 98 and what the absence of a midfield did for them (despite their talent in front of the goal). Look at France in 98 and how even with grossly underperforming strikers, a midfield can deliver the match. (I hvae a poignant memory of Edmundo coming in for the last 10 minutes of that finals match and suddenly things are happening and the ball is moving towards the French goal and screaming 'Where the **** **** has he been for the last 80 ****** minutes?!')
Old 05-16-2006, 04:01 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

so my housemate is in paris right now, but shes coming home tomorrow. it sounds like the clamour for tickets is insane at this point. im v excited, i will be sitting on the couch and watching espn2 at 230 tomorrow.

rj
Old 05-16-2006, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it sounds like the clamour for tickets is insane at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bother going over as the tickets where going on Ebay for £2k+

I heard there is 30,000 Arsenal fans going over without tickets.