Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2006, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Party makes my computer sooooo slow!

It seems to actually make sense to import less often and set the time interval to be greater so that your computer is not spending that much time importing. You might also consider importing when you completed playing and not import while you are playing. Also, 10 tables is a lot of processor usage and memory switching going on.

You might also have a ton of other drivers loaded that oyu may not know about. run the program mscong at the run prompt and see what programs are checked to run at startup. You may have so much stuff that is runnning when you start your computer that you may not know about.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:46 AM

donwest

are you an opie and anthony fan?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to actually make sense to import less often and set the time interval to be greater so that your computer is not spending that much time importing. You might also consider importing when you completed playing and not import while you are playing. Also, 10 tables is a lot of processor usage and memory switching going on.

You might also have a ton of other drivers loaded that oyu may not know about. run the program mscong at the run prompt and see what programs are checked to run at startup. You may have so much stuff that is runnning when you start your computer that you may not know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the same problem with party. other sites works fine, party is slow. i am looking into buying a new computer, but i think i might have a lot of drivers running, whatever that means. in the bottom right of my computer on the task bar there are like 15-20 icons running at all times. does this mean i have all types of programs running that are bogging down my computer? i tried running mscong at run but an error mssg came up saying my computer could not find mscong. any hints?

also, for the party problem, i recently upgraded from 1/2 Gig to 1 gig of ram. didn't even touch the problem....do i still need more ram?
Old 05-14-2006, 01:16 AM

sorry, i typed it wrong. the program is msconfig to see what programs re starting up at reboot.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:21 AM

I had this problem and have 3 very good computers. I realized something recently which has helped a lot. If I open up a bunch of tables to see who is one them and then put myself on the waiting list, my computer starts slowing down much sooner. If I just put myself on waiting lists without opening up all the tables at my limit, then I don't have this problem. Also, the more I switch tables, the more likely I am to have the slow, choppy, spazzy problem.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i changed mine to importing every 3 mintues. helped a lot...
Old 05-14-2006, 11:15 AM

You can check your performance of your PC by bringing up the windows task manager. Do a control-alt-delelte and the windows task manager will start. Go to performance tab and you will be able to see overal system performance. You will see CPU usage, Main memory usuage and Page file usuage. If there is a large page file usuage, this indicates that there is not enough main memory and that the computer is swapping alot in and out of main memory having to go to the hard drive, which is a big performance degrader. See how much available Physical memory there is. If it is a small number 60,000 or less, you are probably doing a lot of page file swapping which will as stated above slows down the computer. If the CPU usuage is always at 80-100% usuage, then you will instantly see that most of your computer resources are currently being used.

To view how much memory, page faults, I/O reads cpu time an indiviudal process uses, then lick on the process tab, then go to view and clcik on several of the listed options related to cpu, memory usuage, i/o reads. Enlarge the screen so you can see all fields and then you will see a list of the running processes and the resources that they are using on your computer. You might be surprises as to how many processes are running at any given time on your computer.

Hope the above is of some help.