Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Re: about Party taking screenshots

[ QUOTE ]
Snoopfree is still blocking screenshot attempts on my system quite regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are certain things that consistently cause Party to take a screenshot, such as clicking on some (all?) of the menus in the lobby. Their claim that they don't take screenshots is a flat out lie.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what I know of, it would be impossible to send something unless it's saved first?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, an image is just data and they can just store the data internally in memory and then just send it off to their servers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2006, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Snoopfree is still blocking screenshot attempts on my system quite regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are certain things that consistently cause Party to take a screenshot, such as clicking on some (all?) of the menus in the lobby. Their claim that they don't take screenshots is a flat out lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know thisS?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I've also noticed that highly automated tasks, like having iWitness close every window at once, will cause SnoopFree to sound the Screenshot Alarm.

This doesn't prove that they're taking screen captures, but it sure implies it to me.
-Sam

P.S. What I really wonder is: what do they think about the fact that they never get a screen capture from my machine. Are they gonna get suspicious? I did agree to screenshots in the T&S, right? So am I breaking their rules with SnoopFree?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. What I really wonder is: what do they think about the fact that they never get a screen capture from my machine. Are they gonna get suspicious? I did agree to screenshots in the T&S, right? So am I breaking their rules with SnoopFree?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think if they started after people for using SnoopFree, then they would be in sticky water. I know in some countries, that you are responsible for the security of your machine (and any damages caused by it being left unsecured). So by Party insisting that you stop using SnoopFree, its almost like them insisting you disable your firewall.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2006, 12:48 PM

Snoopfree tells me that they take screen shots all the time and try to install global hooks as well
Old 05-10-2006, 01:02 PM

One's machine is one's private sanctuary.

I want them to stop cheating, collusions also, but not at the expense of opening my machine up to them. Who knows who is at the other end watching and what they are doing with the possible information that they could gather about my machine.

I too wonder, what they think about systems that dont let screen shots or allow their hooks or drivers to be loaded.

saftey at the expense of total relinquishing of privacy - never!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:05 PM

I loaded snoopfree and rebooted, are Keyboard hooks needed by most apps? I had 4-5 apps try to load them including party.....
Old 05-10-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loaded snoopfree and rebooted, are Keyboard hooks needed by most apps? I had 4-5 apps try to load them including party.....

[/ QUOTE ]Any app you trust should be allowed to watch your keyboard. Most apps that have hotkeys (e.g. iTunes skips the song if you press alt-right from anywhere) will need to watch you keyboard.
-Sam
Old 05-10-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if they started after people for using SnoopFree, then they would be in sticky water. I know in some countries, that you are responsible for the security of your machine (and any damages caused by it being left unsecured). So by Party insisting that you stop using SnoopFree, its almost like them insisting you disable your firewall.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could use SnoopFree but have it not block Party.