Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Trip Report: Scary Transient Fight

Good read.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:57 AM

Sounds like you're a good guy who did the right thing in a crazy situation.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:06 AM

Jim,
As your brother i have to say please don't step in the middle of a fight unless you are sure your friends have your back, and not just with good intentions.

My favorite part is when he:"proceeds to rip the cast off of the other dudes leg, and beat him with it."
Old 05-09-2006, 02:11 AM

You didn't mention your being so generous in the phone call. Althought it would have made the weekend more interesting had you been stabbed or something, you wouldn't be much fun at e3 this week so I guess things turned out for the best.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:12 AM

Oh I didn't get in his face as if to confront him. While I told him he needed to run away, my tone was not "Get out of here before I beat you down" but rather "Yeah I hate crippled homeless people too, but if the cops show up you won't get to keep your well-deserved loot!"
Old 05-09-2006, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to go to Huntington beach and encounter this one guy named mr wiggles who used to, what I understand, live in a dumpster around the corner. Anywoo, he would walk around during the summers and growel at little kids wearing a suit and holding this rather santa claus thingy. Crazy facker, I can only imagine what LA is like. I live in Irvine and I only go to LA maybe twice a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. People in Irvine are terrified of LA.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:16 AM

damn... I live in brentwood and have never seen this... maybe i should go to westwood more often.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:16 AM

Well played.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to go to Huntington beach and encounter this one guy named mr wiggles who used to, what I understand, live in a dumpster around the corner. Anywoo, he would walk around during the summers and growel at little kids wearing a suit and holding this rather santa claus thingy. Crazy facker, I can only imagine what LA is like. I live in Irvine and I only go to LA maybe twice a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. People in Irvine are terrified of LA.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's terrified of Huntington Beach too. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2006, 04:47 AM

Default Unbelievable Update!

People aren't going to believe what I am about to write. I am not sure I believe it.

So tonight is a regular monday night, no school tomorrow, done with poker, so my roommate and I get stoned. At this point we think it will be a good idea to go get cookies at 1am in Westwood.

As we are walking down the street we see the Black Guy (B) with 4 police officers. Knowing this man is potentially dangerous, we cross the street. Well wouldn't you know it 2 cops on the other side of the street wanted to make sure we knew we broke the law.

The polite officer asks me "Are you aware you broke the law?" I quickly answer yes and break into my "but I saw that guy beat the crap out of a dude in a Wheelchair (W) yesterday." The cops look genuinely interested and listen to my story about what I saw yesterday, how I called the cops, etc.

Afterwards he asks me "Are you a gambling man?" I laugh and he offers me a coin toss. I call tails, it's tails, and we walk.

As we walk we see B crossing the street to the very same cops who almost gave us jaywalking tickets. We quickly cross the other street, where we see W being wheeled by an older, dirty looking man. Obviously we slow down to gather information.

From where we are standing we can hear what the cops and B are talking about. B tells them "I have called you repeatedly, if you don't do something you are going to force me to leave Westwood." W just looks agitated.

Not to be deterred (and scared of the police) we head for cookies and think about the situation. What if B's story is true, that W is literally insane (possibly paranoid) and repeatedly harassing him? I did see W use the N word in a negative way in public. Besides that, I talked to the cops the day before, they knew about these guys, they knew W attacked random people with pepper spray, and yet told me there was nothing they could do.

With this revelation we consider sticking around and trying to interview B. On the other hand, what if B is just an [censored] picking on a crazy wheelchair guy and stealing his crazy money every month? When I was talking to W yesterday he was foaming at the mouth and being completely incoherent. At the time I figured he had a concussion, but looking back on it the conversation made it seem like he was crazy. When I was trying to give him money he would respond in numbers, but never take anything I handed him. When I asked him if he was injured he just cried.

I tend to think W is almost certainly crazy, but I still don't know which man is the instigator, or how it will be resolved. But I need to know.

I am a member (and former director) of UCLA's mock trial program, and figure if there is a way to get information from the police, a public body, that I should be able to figure it out. Or at least I hope so. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And with no school tomorrow or real job, I will try to figure that out.