Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 10:01 PM

Default Re: AA39 mp1 LO8

r u one of those people that never believes in raising? Because what do you think people will have? You hold 2 of the As out there, that means the probability of someone having A2 is very small. In fact, there is a very good chance u having the one of the best possible lows out there. And the only card that can counter-feit u is a 3, since an A is giving u a very good shot @ low. I just dont understand how u dont raise this. Try and get some people out. i just dont understand not raising this hand, even in a loose game. You want to get in with +EV hands. AA3x is +EV, even with a bunch of people in. Get more money in this pot.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:16 PM

raise AA-wheel
Old 05-08-2006, 10:29 PM

Grunch:

I raise: The limpers will call and you will make lots of money [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2006, 10:31 PM

Ok, this is my OPINION:

I don't like to raise with that hand because I don't think it's that great. Simple as that.

I don't have a suited ace.

I don't have 3 cards to a straight.

The fact that I have AA does not make it unlikely no one else has A2. Havin AA22 or AAA2 does.

The table is loose and 2 players limped before so if I raise I'll probably be against 3 or more players. If there were 1 or no limpers, I raise.

If the Ace was suited, I raise.

If instead of 3-9 I had a 3-4, 3-5, 4-5 or 10-J for example, I raise.

I prefer those hands because they work better as a whole and they have more drawing potential.

Anyways, if you want to raise with that go ahead, I just don't do it.

And I'm not saying you CAN'T do it. Of course you can. I just think it's better the call in THAT specific situation the OP posted.

And just because I don't raise having AA does not make me "one of those people who don't believe in raising". Are you one of those guys that raise with A279 unsuited just because you have A2?

Actually, the difference between calling and raising at this particular example is very small. I go with the call, you guys go with the raise, and everybody is happy.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:37 PM

he is asking for what is the OPTIMAL PLAY. What you do might "work fine", but may be a leak. I will not always raise with A2, in fact i usually dont, but that doesnt mean i wont ever. If you raise, this you have a chance to knock out a bunch of other players and if some other donks want to tage along then fine. Yes, I wish i had AA23ds every time, but thats not going to happen. And dont discount the 39s for backdoor flush outs.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:53 PM

Gotta agree with most of the others that limping here with this hand is too weak of a play. jmo
Old 05-08-2006, 11:08 PM

call, the ace isn't suited and you can easily be counterfeited as well. AA is a trouble hand in loose games (credit to o8poker.com [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
Old 05-09-2006, 08:53 AM

AA79 is a trouble hand in o8. AA3x should be played in loose games damn near all of the time. In this instance, however, I think we need more information. How tight or loose are the blinds? How tight or loose are UTG and UTG+1 to a raise? What calibre of weapon does mute use to blast turkey heads when he drops a few buy-ins? It's all related you see.

Ideally, you want to raise and try to narrow the field as much as you can. Your hand, you see, is much weaker against a larger field. By limiting the field you might promote your weak 9-3 suited cards - the flush they make just might be good. Your A-3 will be good for low a lot more often than it would be if you didn't have another Ace. Basically you are tyring to put yourself in the most advantageous position you can to win the high with your dubious high chances. Against a big field with a lot of cards combos, AA just isn't that strong of a high hand, but head's up AA will win high more often than you think.

Maybe a case can be made to raise in a really loose game, not to isolate, but to get more money in the pot so that if you split you get more money. I don't the soundness of that strategy, though. I'm just offering it up.

Calling is way, way to weak if you ask me. My own opinion, as wrong as it may be.

Good luck.

-CaptDrew
Old 05-09-2006, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RRRRAAAIIIISSSEEE. um, do you only raise with AA? If so, you need to raise more PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
from ep & mp yes only AA2 & AA3. What else should I be raising with from ep. A2WW? Other than AAWW hands, why would I want to limit the fields from ep?
What about a naked AA from ep? eg. AA69rainbow?
Old 05-09-2006, 10:45 AM

A23x, A24x(suited to the ace) and ur in middle position, not ep, its completely different.
Just because ur throwing an extra bet in doesnt mean ur limiting the field that much.