Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 01:50 AM

Default Re: What to play online?

i play at pokerroom because i have a mac... reason i try not to play so high is because i dont want to risk majority of my bankroll but what blinds do you suggest in nl... also ive heard people rip the hellmuth book.. do you guys really like it?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i play at pokerroom because i have a mac... reason i try not to play so high is because i dont want to risk majority of my bankroll but what blinds do you suggest in nl... also ive heard people rip the hellmuth book.. do you guys really like it?

[/ QUOTE ]

you ruined your chances of getting any decent information by being arrogant. ignore all information in this thread because most of it is intentionally false. next time you try this, be more open minded and realize that in the grand scheme of things, you are clueless. you're probably going to think i'm a dick though i'm doing you a huge service

and to set you in the right direction, your problem is probably that you have no clue the types of swings to expect, so you losing what appears to be a huge amount of money is nothing compared what you could possibly lose. do a search on bankroll management
Old 05-08-2006, 02:56 AM

or better yet just search for graph in BBV and stay away from Yvessaint and Baronzeus posts.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:20 AM

what are you talking about? i had a bad swing? i dominated my opponent majority of the time and i lost and the amount of money people lose has a difference to each individual.. i was asking for some advice so if you dont have any you can go take a hike... i know what swings are and i had a terrible swing... someone stated to move in blinds and i replied that wouldnt be smart for me because of the money i have ... if you have say 200 in a poker site and thats it are you going to risk it all in 10/20 blinds? think you are gods gift to poker and how was i arrogant because of my hellmuth statement? i've heard plenty of people go againts his book
Old 05-08-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are you talking about? i had a bad swing? i dominated my opponent majority of the time and i lost and the amount of money people lose has a difference to each individual.. i was asking for some advice so if you dont have any you can go take a hike... i know what swings are and i had a terrible swing... someone stated to move in blinds and i replied that wouldnt be smart for me because of the money i have ... if you have say 200 in a poker site and thats it are you going to risk it all in 10/20 blinds? think you are gods gift to poker and how was i arrogant because of my hellmuth statement? i've heard plenty of people go againts his book

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, i was the only person to offer you any useful information. now you can just go [censored] yourself

if your swing was so terrible, tell us about it. how many bets?

and it was not regarding your hellmuth statement. it was regarding you thinking you know something when you clearly know next to nothing. hellmuths book sucks. people were defending it to deceive you because you're being a douche
Old 05-08-2006, 10:49 AM

You should play the NL100 5-max games, they're basically free money!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:52 PM

All I wanted through this thread was to have a few people let me know what they were successful at as in oh I play sng single tables for 100$ or 10/20 ring games tight aggressive...etc. No one is trying to be a douche around here.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing, Josh tried to help, and he was still a douche. This makes me lean towards troll.

Is anyone actually *this* dumb?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I wanted through this thread was to have a few people let me know what they were successful at as in oh I play sng single tables for 100$ or 10/20 ring games tight aggressive...etc. No one is trying to be a douche around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the general concensus here is that NL cash is probably where you can make the most money...but that doesn't really matter much unless you are looking to earn like half a million+ dollars a year

I play single table tournaments(6-8 table $22 buy-ins)

STTs require a very specific skill set(it seems very erratic to most people new to STTs)..if you interested go to the STT forum and read the FAQ..I'm not making millions..but I do earn an hourly rate of about $30+/hour..which is certainly great for a 19 year old like myself.

EDIT: and if you are sick of being sucked out on..STTs will get you a little revenge..for most hands that go to a flop in STTs..you will be probably be behind..but that is actually optimal play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2006, 02:36 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2+2