Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: AA ...How to defend them 5 way

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean any offense, but if you are serious with this post, I would recommend moving down in stakes. Based on reading this post alone, I believe you will get killed at 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand this. I would have 3-bet the flop, but I don't see why the way he played it makes him a fish. Can you (or anyone else for that matter) elaborate?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's referring to how the original post/question was worded rather than how the hand was played.

It's pretty obvious that these aces couldn't have been "protected" here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how me phrasing the hand seemed a tad remedial for you champions, I should have stated I can see no way of protecting my hand, but rather would like input on how to play this hand from more respected posters. I usually wouldnt put a silly hand like this out, but I am trying to decide when to spew and when not on these tricky situations, meaning I obviously dont have all the posters skill or knowledge here, I am just seeking some insight.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean any offense, but if you are serious with this post, I would recommend moving down in stakes. Based on reading this post alone, I believe you will get killed at 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Scotty, I did not post this hand to imply I am a champion at the game and no one can beat me. The fact is I may be the worst player in this forum, but it will not deter me from posting some situations that I feel I can recieve some enlightenment on from the other well respected posters. If your thoughts are that I should drop down levels, I appreciate your input. The fact that I dont post as often as I would like shouldnt imply that I have no business playing poker on any specific level, you really should not judge my play from this statement alone. I know I need improvement to become a succesful poker player like you guys. I am simply tring to iron out some wrinkles in my play. I am usually the first one to want to 3 bet this flop for whats its worth, but here of late I have caught myself spewing so I am posting some situations to decided if spewing is right or night. Thanks for your reply.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:15 PM

I'm not a well respected poster, but I'll throw in my 2 cents: EXCELLENT F'ING GAME SELECTION!

As for the hand, meh, doens't much matter if you 3-bet or not, but I think you might as well b/c you have an equity edge on every bet that goes in.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the hand, meh, doens't much matter if you 3-bet or not, but I think you might as well b/c you have an equity edge on every bet that goes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it matters!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Scotty, I did not post this hand to imply I am a champion at the game and no one can beat me. The fact is I may be the worst player in this forum, but it will not deter me from posting some situations that I feel I can recieve some enlightenment on from the other well respected posters. If your thoughts are that I should drop down levels, I appreciate your input. The fact that I dont post as often as I would like shouldnt imply that I have no business playing poker on any specific level, you really should not judge my play from this statement alone. I know I need improvement to become a succesful poker player like you guys. I am simply tring to iron out some wrinkles in my play. I am usually the first one to want to 3 bet this flop for whats its worth, but here of late I have caught myself spewing so I am posting some situations to decided if spewing is right or night. Thanks for your reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not mean to imply we are elitists, or I am a champion or anything like that (I am still struggling my way through 10/20 myself). The reason I made that comment is because the hand you posted there is in essence just a bad beat. I probably would have 3-bet the flop myself, but there is really nothing you could have done differently that would have changed the outcome of the hand. The fact that you state this hand "has you at a loss" says to me that you probably don't have a good enough understanding of the game to be successful at 10/20 at this point in time.

I could be totally off base here, as maybe you misworded your post, or I misinterpreted it. I know nothing of your skill level or playing history and experience. As it stands though, I think you may benefit a lot more as a player by moving down to around 2/4 and playing a bunch of hands at that level for a little while. By no means would I ever try to deter you from posting, and I would certainly encourage you to do more. That's one of the best ways for all of us to learn. I'm simply suggesting you may want to play at a slightly lower level for a bit, and also read and post a lot more in SSSH as well as MHSH. Again, I really did not mean to be condescending, and I'm sorry if it came off that way.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:06 AM

A general note on big pots. Play hands fast. Get as many bets in when there are people in the pot and you have an edge. Dont get fancy and do something that will cost you the pot. A mistake that cost you a 20BB pot is a disaster.