Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Ok, here goes...Atlantis Trip Report: Day 1

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on the win bro!

[/ QUOTE ]

and sexy fold w/ TT.

Nice day 1, looking forward to the rest.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:41 PM

I agonized over that JJ decision... I was teh player to your left... Looking back, I didnt give enough credit to that type of play, where I definitely was getting the odds to call. NH though.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:50 PM

His description of the JJ hand has you on his right. You're saying he check-called you down and you agonized on whether to bet the river?
Old 01-12-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His description of the JJ hand has you on his right. You're saying he check-called you down and you agonized on whether to bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm for some reason I interpreted mikey's response as being related to the hand stevepa CR'ed all in with AKc. Don't see someone folding jacks there though.

At any rate, nice report and congrats stevepa.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:14 PM

KeithSmart, you're right. I interpreted a check raise from a tight player in what looked like a first major tournament (early in) as having a better PP than me. Upon further thought, I realized my assumption could have definitely been wrong as he could have done this with a hand like AcXc with as low as a Tc or TT. and he didn't care about having me check behind with clubs out there. Trust me, the decision still hurts, although I would have been the dog.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:50 PM

JJ is pretty much the hand I put you on. Preflop you really seemed to want to reraise and then talked yourself out of it...and wow, you don't look anything like I would've thought.

My blog address is stevejpa.blogspot.com. I guess you can just read all the hands there, but I haven't posted about the final table yet so I'll do that here sometime.

Steve

P.S. Sorry I took so long to reply, I've been ridiculously busy...
Old 01-12-2006, 10:45 PM

Yo Steve it's Matt from your first table. I'm hoping I'm not one of the terrible players you're referring to though it is quite possible. I think I only really played one pot with you and that was when you raised in the cutoff or one away and I put you all-in from the bb. I had 910s, so at least I can say I bluffed a WPT champ!

Great work man and I'm looking forward to the rest of the report.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aggressive guy raises early to 500. Terribly guy calls. I have JJ and just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like your JJ could easily be the best hand here, and given the call/fold by the bad player and the hand shown down by the agressive palyer, I think a reraise preflop takes this pot down pretty often. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the hands I think I messed up. The problem I had is that I kind of want to play pots with the crappy guy in there and I don't want to blow him out. Also, I hate getting 4-bet in this spot. I'd be really interested to hear what other posters have to say about this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to the cutoff who limps (he's limped a few times before but is pretty solid). Button limps, I make it 1000 with QQ. Cutoff now makes it 3000 with another 10k behind. I think forever and call. Flop is AT2, check check. Turn's a T, check check. River's a 2, check, he bets 2000. I'm pretty sure he's begging for a call so I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a very interesting hand to me. Preflop action from CO makes me very uncomfortable, especially given awkward stack sizes. What's your plan on the flop? Are you intending to get it allin on an undercard board? And if not, what line lets you get away from this hand? I can see a case made for just pushing preflop, or for folding given that a tight player (you) raising out of the blinds usually indicates strength, and this 'solid' CO player is now raising you. I don't know, I can't find a play I'm comfortable with here. Anyone have a good plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated this spot. I felt like I had too many chips to push over his limp-raise so I didn't know what to do. Folding seems pretty weak also...But then I don't know what I was doing unless a queen flopped...So basically I have nothing to add but am also curious what people think of this hand.

Steve
Old 01-13-2006, 02:41 PM

hrmmm what did you think i'd look like?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:31 PM

For some reason I always assume people look like their avatars. Which is funny considering all the avatars of hot females and Phil Hellmuth.