Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Value raises scare me

I have no problems with the river size bet, and don't start second-guessing yourself when you've made a bet that's meant to be inducing a bluff. If floating is not an issue, which I also said it likely wasn't, then you'd probably agree that checking isn't such a great deal here since there is very few hands that he'd actually bet turn with, EXCEPT for the flushdraw and with that he might, as I said, very well check behind a good percent of the times. I don't think you're doing wrong in betting turn with AQ here most of the time against randoms either, folding to a raise most of the time. I'm betting AQ here again the majority of times, and I'd say that's "default", although against some people a c/c and even c/r with a wide range of hands too is correct some of the time to not get predictable.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Value raises scare me

Given his history on the pocket dueces hand, I call and just be thankful that he didn't raise more.

Also, I NEVER check the turn unless the board is completely void of draws (but I think lead with top set and then c/r turn is pretty advanced, but not vs donkey with draws on board).