Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: how has poker changed you?

poker has made me much more calm as a person. I don't go on life tilt the way I used to. I also take things in my life with a grain of salt now. When you have to roll with the swings online, losing or winning hundreds on an average day, it's much easier to hand the trivial things that happen in our everyday lives.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:11 PM

i think that the main difference is how i view money...im more willing to buy something i see and want because i know that i can just win some more money (note, im not a pro)...i think it has also calmed and i don't take things as personal as i used to, not sure why this has happpened, maybe just becoming more accepting of the good and bad things that are inherent in life (variance and such)...ive also met a lot of cool people (mostly thru these boards)...im also a bit more aggressive than i used to be, maybe assertive is a better word, not sure...
Old 04-29-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker has crushed me down to a point from where there is no coming back. Things have happened to me from which I could not recover if I live a thousand years. Never again will I be capable of ordinary human feeling. Everything is dead inside of me. Never again will I be capable of love, or friendship, or joy of living, or laughter, or curiosity, or courage, or integrity. I am hollow. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always knew that Bayside guys were wussies. I can still remember how their football players would cower in terror whenever they needed to play us. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2006, 07:51 PM

Without poker, I wouldn't have a viable source of income. With poker, I can rest assured that I'll be rich in a few years and never have to work for a living!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:00 AM

Poker hasn't changed me. I have learned that I am not as patient as I once was though.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:48 PM

Poker itself cannot change a person. A person changes in response to their interpretation of poker.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:40 PM

I don't think it changes me much, except sometimes I catch my self counting 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,Jack
Old 04-30-2006, 03:30 PM

Since I started playing poker I've lost all sense of reality and I was told by a psychiatrist that he has never seen anyone with my condition and told me there is no hope and that I won't be concious of who or where I am within the next 3 months. Poker sucks.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I started playing poker I've lost all sense of reality and I was told by a psychiatrist that he has never seen anyone with my condition and told me there is no hope and that I won't be concious of who or where I am within the next 3 months. Poker sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes im not surprised estrop. Afterall you have no legs and your children were murdered, isnt that so?

The only thing poker has done for me is to stop me going to the gym as often as i should and to think about how making the right decision now will eventually lead to desired end results even if it all goes to pot at the minute.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker has crushed me down to a point from where there is no coming back. Things have happened to me from which I could not recover if I live a thousand years. Never again will I be capable of ordinary human feeling. Everything is dead inside of me. Never again will I be capable of love, or friendship, or joy of living, or laughter, or curiosity, or courage, or integrity. I am hollow. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you got raped. That's too bad.

As for me, poker is just something I do with my spare time. I love strategy games, where you outwit opponents. Making money while doing so is also a plus.