Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul fans being censored on some conservative sites.

[ QUOTE ]
I wish twoplutwo would track down on the Ron Paul avatar trolls but apart from that they should be allowed to troll pro-Ron Paul propoganda as much as they feel necessary, at least in the Politics forum.

There was a pro-Ron Paul OP in the NVG section the other day which is pretty standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is my post a troll? He has written for organization I wrote about. Here's a few linkys for you:

The Ron Paul Campaign and its Neo-Nazi Supporters

Too Close to Kooky

To His Dismay, Ron Paul Becoming Magnet For White Supremacists

Is Ron Paul an Anti-Semite?

Just do a google search on Ron Paul Neo-Nazi. Personally I wish twoplustwo would crack down on .... but oh well.

This stuff was probably in another thread. If so iron will lock soon enough.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:09 PM

Uh huh. Ron Paul is an anti-semetic neo-nazi, which is why two of his personal heroes, Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard, both honored with pictures and quotes in his Congressional office, were Jews. The former in fact fled *actual* Nazis with another of Paul's heroes, Friedrich Hayek, and the latter of whom was a close personal friend of Paul's for 20 years before his death.

Gosh, I can't imagine why anyone would think your attempt to perpetuate and propagate a false link between a presidential candidate and Naziism on an Internet forum mainly populated by his supporters was "trollish." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh huh. Ron Paul is an anti-semetic neo-nazi, which is why two of his personal heroes, Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard, both honored with pictures and quotes in his Congressional office, were Jews. The former in fact fled *actual* Nazis with another of Paul's heroes, Friedrich Hayek, and the latter of whom was a close personal friend of Paul's for 20 years before his death.

Gosh, I can't imagine why anyone would think your attempt to perpetuate and propagate a false link between a presidential candidate and Naziism on an Internet forum mainly populated by his supporters was "trollish." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
But but but he took money from them Borodog.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "shooting the messenger" as I note the following:

1) The OP indicated in the title of the thread that Paul was being censored on conservative web sites and opined that these people pointed don't like "internet revolutions."

2) I posted a counter view that some people hold (read my original response) the view that Paul is schmoozing with Neo-Nazi's. I think it's clear that at least some coservative web sites would censure neo-nazi support for Paul.

3) Kaj responds with an attack on me and I point out that he's "shooting the messenger." The believe that Paul is associated with Neo-Nazi's is out there whether you or Kaz like it or not. Whether or not that's true I have my doubts but I'd actually like to hear a response which I did. Paul shares some of the same views on economics as some economists who were Jewish so he can't be anti semetic.

4) Your personal attack is enlightening as all I did was respond to a post and show that there is the sentiment out there. Are you saying the links aren't valid, perhaps that I shouldn't be free to discusss the validity of this sentiment? Point to me one place where I stated that Paul was a neo-nazi, anti semite or whatever. All I did was point out what other people are saying as part of the reason why he some people may be censoring his supporters.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3) Kaj responds with an attack on me and I point out that he's "shooting the messenger."

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaj (I'm pretty sure) was referring to the OP, and used quick reply, and was not attacking you. Everyone else was ignoring your neo-nazi comment until you brought it up again.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
two of his personal heroes, Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea whether or not Ron Paul is anti-semitic and could care less. However, the fact that he has Jewish friends or even heroes means absolutely nothing. By that reasoning anyone who is a fan of Shakespeare must be an anti-semite.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3) Kaj responds with an attack on me and I point out that he's "shooting the messenger."

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaj (I'm pretty sure) was referring to the OP, and used quick reply. Everyone else was ignoring your neo-nazi comment until you brought it up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Borodog wasn't responding to me either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Ok perhaps that's the case. Anyway I see that among Paul supporters on this forum it's hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. I'm actually thinking of supporting Paul but that last thing I want to do is support someone who may have some huge negative factor that I don't know about.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
two of his personal heroes, Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea whether or not Ron Paul is anti-semitic and could care less. However, the fact that he has Jewish friends or even heroes means absolutely nothing. By that reasoning anyone who is a fan of Shakespeare must be an anti-semite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's a pretty weak argument but I doubt that Paul is an anti-semite in all honesty.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I see that among Paul supporters on this forum it's hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, from my perspective it's more like:

"Evil, evil, evil!"

"Umm, no?"

"OK, I guess you're right."

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I see that among Paul supporters on this forum it's hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, from my perspective it's more like:

"Evil, evil, evil!"

"Umm, no?"

"OK, I guess you're right."

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh I'm actually thinking about voting for Paul. I agree with him on many positions. I've seen him in interviews and I'm impressed with him. He seems like a good guy to me. However, as I said above, I'm concerned about some of these things that people say. The last thing I want to do is vote for someone and find something that's hugely negative like they're a racist or some such. I can even understand some of the reasons why neo-nazi money might find it's way to his campaign inadvertently.

I can see the prevailing sentiment among Paul supporters on this forum is, don't worry just trust us you idiot and while you're at STFU unless your praising Paul that is.