Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: 400nl: set of 7s on the flop- turn action?

200-300bb deep, play exactly the same to now, then start to vomit when he checkraises. 200bb you are likely gonna get stacked. 300 you can probably get away, unless villain is super super aggro
Old 10-02-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
200-300bb deep, play exactly the same to now, then start to vomit when he checkraises. 200bb you are likely gonna get stacked. 300 you can probably get away, unless villain is super super aggro

[/ QUOTE ]

yeti,

do you ever change your line in this hand to avoid being check raised on the turn. do you ever check turn, or not since there are so many potential draws?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:56 PM

i mean i mix up my lines but in this exact hand, given how we got there i'm never gonna check the turn. too many draws, he'll put it in with top 2 and maybe draws etc. i dont think i'm as overjoyed as everyone else seems if he checkraises, but in it goes, no question.

as you get deeper, no, i'm still not checking the turn. why would you? it now becomes way less likely that he's gonna c/r the turn with draws or top 2, especially as the straights just got there too. he will definitely call with a ton of stuff you beat though. the bet keeps the pressure on and you're forcing him to define his hand. i'd say against a standard tag if you get checkraised on this turn 300bb deep you're in big trouble.

anyway as stacks get deeper, the hand is unlikely to go down in the way it did. its more likely he's gonna 3bet QQ/JJ on the flop and keep the initiative, because he wants to get money in now and doesn't want you getting free cards or the board getting worse.