Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Early in satellite vs chipleader

as played I like the river bet...if we check behind I don't see our paired 5 holding up. It's our best chance to win the pot.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are no worse hands that will call and i don't think any better hands would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

After "way ahead way behind", this is quickly becoming the most often mis-used maxim in this forum.

Jarid

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM

I personally love to raise flops like this in position for two reasons. 1) We have fold equity against a 9 or a T without a straight draw. 2) If we get called a large percentage of the time we get a free card on the turn to hit our draw on the river in case we miss turn. As played I like turn raise, because it narrows our range to a slowplayed J or a a 9 and if he has a weak J he maybe folding, plus we have quite a few outs to win on river. As played I like river bet because he is probably folding a T and maybe a weak J, because of how strongly we have played the hand.

Edit- I think a call on turn may not allow us to steal on river because our line will read like a draw. Thoughts?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally love to raise flops like this in position for two reasons. 1) We have fold equity against a 9 or a T without a straight draw. 2) If we get called a large percentage of the time we get a free card on the turn to hit our draw on the river in case we miss turn. As played I like turn raise, because it narrows our range to a slowplayed J or a a 9 and if he has a weak J he maybe folding, plus we have quite a few outs to win on river. As played I like river bet because he is probably folding a T and maybe a weak J, because of how strongly we have played the hand.

Edit- I think a call on turn may not allow us to steal on river because our line will read like a draw. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only against a retard would i call twice and bet on the river when checked to. But if you check behind on the turn after raising flop, your line looks like a draw as well, so betting if he checks the river is bad as well.