Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Hijacking a plane -- Could you do it?

is there any time limit to this challenge? because if i had a few years to get one or more of my people set up in a key airport security job, this would be really easy.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:49 PM

lol at OP's new undertitle
Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM

One thing I never understood was coming back from Europe with a couple friends, we each had a couple bottles of high grade alcohol, some of which was strong enough to be flammable. Now obviously its not the best accelerant(sp?), but still, we had

1) Heavy glass bottles that if the ends were smashed would be vicious, vicious weapons. (You can't have knives, but thick glass handles of alcohol are fine?)

2) Also, with several liters of flammable alcohol and lighters, you could do a lot of damage or at least use it as a weapon.

Seems really dangerous, I felt awkward even having the stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds so easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously I don't know how I couldn't pull it off with the money and people in the op.

Obviously I'd never do this though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] at the fbi and cia

I interned at Delta airlines back in the day and once you got into the corporate campus (you needed a badge), there was an hourly shuttle to the terminals. Once you were on the campus, there was no further security between the campus and terminals.

Granted, this was 1998 and I'm sure those kind of holes have been fixed (or there is not a single person working for the FAA, TSA or homeland security that has a single brain cell) since 911, but I always wonder.

We actually brought it up at a meeting once with the Controller/CFO and were totally blown off.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there any time limit to this challenge? because if i had a few years to get one or more of my people set up in a key airport security job, this would be really easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say, 3 years. Really easy? I wouldn't quite say that. But, maybe you're more of a mastermind type.

And, HA HA on my new title.

-RMJ
Old 04-05-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I never understood was coming back from Europe with a couple friends, we each had a couple bottles of high grade alcohol

[/ QUOTE ]

And, how far-fetched would it be for a terrorist (not just a potential) to secure a couple bottles that look just like yours did, except that they held something much more dangerous than high-grade alcohol.

Just outright scary, and I do hope that I am underestimating the competency of those in charge of keeping our skies safe. All of this sort of pisses me off.

-RMJ
Old 04-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Thanks a lot OP, you just got us all on the FBI watch list.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Obviously all you need to do is befriend a pilot.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 PM

I think it's possible, assuming the minimum requirements for passengers and plane size (if there are any requirements) aren't too high - and, assuming that it isn't required that one of the 'terrorists' pilots the plane himself.

Pick a commercial flight that uses a smaller plane and that is expected to have less than 50 passengers(not including your guys). Your 30 people, assuming you chose them to be strong or decent fighters should be able to easily overpower those 50 passengers and the flight attendants without weapons when you consider the average hand to hand combat abilities of the 50 passengers, and factor in that some of them are little old ladies and so on.

Breaching the cockpit: I don't know how it's done, but I would think that it's not too difficult to figure out and that you could smuggle the necessary tools in with the old up-the-butt trick.

From there, I'd assume that most pilots would be receptive to the demands of hijackers as long as they did not attempt to pilot the plane themselves - or make requests that would likely lead to crashing the plane into some sort of target.
Closed Thread