Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: pokerstars update 2/16

yes. pleeeeeease fix this stars. it's awful.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
surely someone has told stars its sucks to be typing in an IM and then stars grabs focus and you end up typing something into stars chat and hitting enter ?
I've seen personal information accidently typed when its their turn to play, even typing what their hand is by accident meaning to type it to a friend in IM

force a click in chatbox to chat, at least during the first few seconds that action is on you and the window grabs focus

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetely very annoying. I ended up asking for my chat to be banned so this wouldn't happen. And it end's up being kind of funny because some people get mad I don't respond to them, especially if I used to before my chat was banned, and go on tilt. God bless thee poker players.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
surely someone has told stars its sucks to be typing in an IM and then stars grabs focus and you end up typing something into stars chat and hitting enter ?
I've seen personal information accidently typed when its their turn to play, even typing what their hand is by accident meaning to type it to a friend in IM

force a click in chatbox to chat, at least during the first few seconds that action is on you and the window grabs focus

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetely very annoying. I ended up asking for my chat to be banned so this wouldn't happen. And it end's up being kind of funny because some people get mad I don't respond to them, especially if I used to before my chat was banned, and go on tilt. God bless thee poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually click the stats tab on all my tables so that the chat bar is not active.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually click the stats tab on all my tables so that the chat bar is not active.

[/ QUOTE ]

The solution is:

Options -> Advanced Multiplayer options -> then uncheck the box that says "popup anytime action is required"

Solved! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2007, 11:20 PM

Since I also don't like reading chat, I switch every table to the stats tab (as well as do the above option), to make doubly sure I never type my [censored] into chat on accident.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The solution is:

Options -> Advanced Multiplayer options -> then uncheck the box that says "popup anytime action is required"

Solved! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This is not the solution.
Lots of people keep pointing this out...including Stars at one point. But this is incorrec.

If you do this then the table does not pop-up when it is your action.
This is something I need when multi-tabling.

The solution would require your table to pop-up when your action...but not stealing the focus into the chat-bar as well.

On Party you would have the table pop-up when your action...but it would not steal typing-focus into the chat-bar.
Much much better.

Perhaps the only thing I like better about Party's software over Stars.

This is why it's worth mentioning. If it's something that Party can have then surely Stars can figure out how to do it.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No. This is not the solution.
Lots of people keep pointing this out...including Stars at one point. But this is incorrect.

If you do this then the table does not pop-up when it is your action.
This is something I need when multi-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, is this because of overlap? otherwise I can't think why one would need the tables to pop-up... enlighten me, I may make a script to stop the focus stealing if I can [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Myself I get quite annoyed by trying to chat on one table and having another table poach the focus and my (now random & irrelevant) chat ending up in the wrong game, grrr.. This happens even with "pop-up table" off, so I will prob. make a script to sort that out anyways.

dave.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:37 AM

I do have some overlap sometimes so yes, that's the reason.

You can write all the scripts you want but I'm not sure they will help me. I've tried figuring out how to do install that script stuff that I see in the software forum but I gave up after a few hours.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's new?

[/ QUOTE ]

Several screen mods are available. Click cashier tray --> choose theme.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what's new?

[/ QUOTE ]

Several screen mods are available. Click cashier tray --> choose theme.

[/ QUOTE ]

you serious clark?