Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Vegas Omaha... o8 or PLO

O8B 10/20 at the Wynn has been pretty consisteny, I go 3-4 times a week and its always going at one point this weekend that had a must move along with the main
Old 01-30-2006, 04:40 PM

How's the level of play at Wynn? I'm a decent player, built up enough bankroll to move up to 2-4 online. I'm going to be at Wynn and want to play O8.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:18 PM

Bally's has just started offering an Omaha Pot Limit tourney. I think it is one night a week. At 7 maybe? Can't remember. I'd call first, it seems unlikely it would ever go but you never know , they did ok when they had Pineapple and Crazy Pineapple.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:01 PM

I was in Vegas over MLK weekend. I was playing a tourney at the Aladdin on Saturday and they were offering a 2-4 Omaha Hi-Low game with a 1/2 kill. I only sat down for a few rotations while I was waiting for a friend who was playing in the tournament, but the players were absolutely horrible. I made almost 40 bucks in less than 20 minutes and would have made more had I known from the beginning what horrible hands people were stayin in with (I folded a 9-high flush on one hand, only to find that the guy who won the pot was betting with a pair of deuces adn no low hand!) I asked the manager and he said the game is run pretty regularly on weekends. This is the first low-limit O8 game I have seen in Vegas, which gave me hope more might spring up. They also had a few Omaha high and high-low games going at Ceasars, but I beleive those limits were on par with what is offered at the Bellagio.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How's the level of play at Wynn? I'm a decent player, built up enough bankroll to move up to 2-4 online. I'm going to be at Wynn and want to play O8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have yet to play in it, I just pay attention to what they are spreading they'll spread most anything if you ask they have had a 4/8 Omaha High at one point before
Old 01-30-2006, 06:57 PM

When I was there a few months back, I got into the 6/12 full kill O8 game. A few observations:

A couple of hours after I signed up for the interest list, the game got called. I immediately got up from my 4/8 HE game and went to the table, but it took close to an hour before the game actually got going. All the players kept coming to the table, locking up a seat, and then went back to the game they were playing and kept checking back to see if the game was going yet. Really frustrating.

They used $3 chips, which I thought was pretty cool, but confused the hell out of a couple of people.

Once the game got going, it was pretty soft. There was one local guy that pretty much knew what he was doing, 3-4 guys that were buddies who apparently liked playing O8 in their home game (all pretty soft), one guy that was really LAGgy and trying to run over the table, and a couple of guys who looked like they were just trying to learn the game but didn't really get it yet.

I'm sure you won't have a problem with the level of competition, but may have problems getting game started, and the game got shorthanded when I was playing quite a few times. Hope that helps.