Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Senior CIA Official: Bush Lied

[ QUOTE ]
Yet another empty vessel. You prove my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. As I suspected, no "forward looking" proposals from you.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:24 PM

Yet another poster to ignore.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yet another poster to ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. It must make you uncomfortable to be asked to back up empty rhetoric.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:31 PM

When all but the nationa's most craven cowards can no longer avoid admitting that the national leader has hoodwinked them into an enterprise that unjustly killed tens of thousands of innocents, we should not refrain from "finger pointing" for fear of impeding "progress." Acknowledgment and acceptance of individual and official responsibility are prerequisites to any minimally moral social system. They are more important to one that fancies itself "democratic." If we institutionally abjure responsibility for gross misdeeds, then nothing we do counts as "progress." Lots of words fairly describe the spectacle of blood-soaked anti-democratic charlatans purporting to spread the gospel of informed consent around the world. "Progressive" isn't one of them.

GWOT? Maybe Bush should revitalize this slogan by calling it "new and improved." Seriously, there's no such thing. The U.S. is trying to wipe out some terrorists. It engages in diplomacy and seeks mediation with others. It has facilitated and continues to facilitate still other terrorists who purportedly further "our" interests. Bush hasn't declared "war" on terrorism any more than he's declared war on Elliot Abrams, his hand-picked Deputy National Adviser for Middle East Affairs and chief political facilitator for the "soft target" terrorism of the notorious contras.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:08 PM

Check out the above book and read of FDR's deceptions and subversion of the neutrality act as part of his dastardly plan to get the US involved in the european side of WWII, which he had no moral qualms doing because he recognized the threat that must be fought even as cowardly appeasers refused to even acknowledge the threat.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:14 PM

Well, I read it twice. Your position differs little from what I hear in mainstream Dem circles; first Bush must go. Fine, you have a goal but it's not actionable in any serious sense. You can't look me in the eye and say 'We can do this and this and this and America will be improved'. You do little more than focus on something you can not change. That's borderline insanity.

Until Dems find something to bring to the table that is not simply 'Bush Lied!' mainstream America will not grant you power.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out the above book and read of FDR's deceptions and subversion of the neutrality act as part of his dastardly plan to get the US involved in the european side of WWII, which he had no moral qualms doing because he recognized the threat that must be fought even as cowardly appeasers refused to even acknowledge the threat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we are making progress. Now you folks -- with no other choice really -- admit the Bushies lied. But you think it's justified because some other President lied 65 years ago? MMMMMM'kay. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

P.S. Someone please tell Beer and Pizza that the talking points have changed.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:38 PM

I don't think that it has been proved at all that Bush lied, although it is certainly clear that he acted on what was weak intelligence analysis, that ultimately proved in error, as a means to pursue another agenda. However there is also a longshot chance that WMDs, although not many, were shipped to Syria and we can't prove it. And a key point here is that if the intel said there was a 75% chance of WMDs but the real probability was only 20%, then that smaller probability is still too much of a risk to take with a pscyho dictator potentially being able to use such weapons. And if anything, Saddam manipulated the inspections process sufficiently so that we could think he was hiding something. If we thought so in error, it is largely due to Saddam.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:08 PM

"I don't think that it has been proved at all that Bush lied..."

The reasons we entered Iraq are not important issues to me and to most of America. That road gets all of us, every American nowhere. We are IN Iraq. How do we procede? Get out of the past.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what does this have to do with Bush allegedly lying?