Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Live 300 bb

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats not a terrible lead, its a blocking bet of sorts hoping to see a cheap river card for his draw. Surely anyone that has played enough poker have seen these bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Endlessly in HE, virtually never except from good players in Omaha high, this is my experience over about 100 hours live. (In which I am a HUGE winner, if i said my hourly rate you would call me a liar or a luckbox). However I admit it isnt THAT many hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is like 3000 hands, if that.

and fold. even if you are ahead of donkey enough to make it a call against him (which I doubt), villain still to act makes this so easy. if you call you will probably get over-called by any semi-decent flush, and one or the other of these guys will have it about a million percent of the time. you could raise to drive out any flush behind, but then you'd have to risk $450 to protect an overlay on the main call of maybe $15 tops. villain will hero-call with a medium flush much more than 3% of the time, especially since your river play doesn't represent the nuts that well -- i.e., why would you raise rather than go for an overcall?

i'm guessing you raised and 2nd villain folded a flush and you were good and now you think you're smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I called putting the GV on a naked straight that couldnt call and the Donkey on nothing because I had the AH and thats the only draw that he would bet on that turn that hit. GV thought then folded broadway, villian showed KK for 2nd set. MHIG. I was about to fold but when I thought about him semibluffing $10 with a low flush draw it didn't seem right.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats not a terrible lead, its a blocking bet of sorts hoping to see a cheap river card for his draw. Surely anyone that has played enough poker have seen these bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Endlessly in HE, virtually never except from good players in Omaha high, this is my experience over about 100 hours live. (In which I am a HUGE winner, if i said my hourly rate you would call me a liar or a luckbox). However I admit it isnt THAT many hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is like 3000 hands, if that.

and fold. even if you are ahead of donkey enough to make it a call against him (which I doubt), villain still to act makes this so easy. if you call you will probably get over-called by any semi-decent flush, and one or the other of these guys will have it about a million percent of the time. you could raise to drive out any flush behind, but then you'd have to risk $450 to protect an overlay on the main call of maybe $15 tops. villain will hero-call with a medium flush much more than 3% of the time, especially since your river play doesn't represent the nuts that well -- i.e., why would you raise rather than go for an overcall?

i'm guessing you raised and 2nd villain folded a flush and you were good and now you think you're smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I called putting the GV on a naked straight that couldnt call and the Donkey on nothing because I had the AH and thats the only draw that he would bet on that turn that hit. GV thought then folded broadway, villian showed KK for 2nd set. MHIG. I was about to fold but when I thought about him semibluffing $10 with a low flush draw it didn't seem right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess that's why you make the big bucks.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:58 PM

Thats not what I'm saying, I only posted the hand cause I wasn't sure there, I think it was close, but alot of people said this is a for sure fold?