Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Poker After Dark - David Benaymine\'s weight problem

I'm watching "poker after dark" last night (east coast 2:05 am NBC) and i see Benyamine to the far left in a striped red and white full tilt poker shirt. I can see he has gained some weight since i saw him on season 2 of the world poker tour just by the rounded cheeks and lower neck area. Well then the camera does a pan-around of the table and i see a full body profile of Benyamine. All i have to say is this many is seriously overweight. Not morbidly obese or anything, but he has a tremendous amount of girth, around his midsection. Recent studies show, waistline girth is more of an indicator of current and future health problems than overall weight. This guy was a tennis pro! How in the world did his metabolism slow to an absolute hault to this extent? If i had to put Benyamine on a list of out of shape poker players, with Raymer, Benymine and Lederer on the list I'd have to rate them as such:

1. Benyamine
2. Wayne Newton (I've seen him in poker rooms)
3. Lederer
4. Raymer

Although Raymer is bigger, he is huskier and his overall weight is distributed more evenly as oppossed to just his waistline area. Lederer has had obvious previous weight problems and doesnt appear to be taking great pains to keep the weight off now. This pic from the website doesnt do it justice but watch the show tonight before he gets knocked out (looks inevitable) and look as the size of his shirt (probably a XXXXL) and the size of his waist. An unhealthy man indeed.

http://www.pokerafterdark.com/player...avid_Benyamine