Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Turned a straight, raise AI?

Don't get me wrong. I cbet all the time. I just don't think that this is a good spot here because your opponent knows that you missed just as often because he usually puts you on overcards. I think if you pot it here, you will be called more than 50% of the time so the bet is -EV.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:33 AM

Well my cbets aren't pot. And there is no way that your average player calls more than 50% of the time here. Absolutely no way.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:39 AM

Ok. What do boards look like where you don't cbet? Small and rainbow or high and 2 flush? I'm really having some trouble to get a grip on this and people give different advice all the time. Some say: bet the dry flop, he hasn't hit it. Others say: bet the wet flop, it looks scary to him. On the dry flop he won't believe you anything. I know that a cbet is correct 80% of the time anyways. But I have experienced that people start to call flop bets with trash all the time. It's like limit holdem. So I started to wonder.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:55 AM

In my experience there aren't too many opponents floating flop bets with absolutely nothing. The ones that do float overcards on the flop all the time you should notice pretty quickly and take note of them. Mainly you get people who are sticking around with pairs and draws. They aren't hitting these hands all that often so in position against one opponent who isn't a calling station I'm cbetting nearly always.

Hands that are the exception are things like I'm holding AT and the flop is 567 with a flush draw.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I have experienced that people start to call flop bets with trash all the time. It's like limit holdem. So I started to wonder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start to bet for value then.