Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Style and stats for 0.02/0.04?

FR 18/8/2 6 max 28/24/2.5. Be patient and laugh at all the suckouts. Value bet your ass off. Never bluff. Don't bite on stop and go's. (which I notice happen a lot at 1/2, haven't seen them in the levels between much)
Old 11-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Perhaps the biggest thing you can learn at this level is tilt management. That skill will serve you well as you go up in limits. Spend every session trying to a) play your best, and b) get to the end without knowing how you did.

Pull that off and you'll be a player.

good luck.
Eric
Old 11-10-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I see, the variance at this level is big, cos players routinely call with wild poc cards and river your top pair, top kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I'd be curious to hear other perspectives.

I've never personally played nanos, but I would think that variance would be lower. Since players are willing to call down with such garbage, you should be able to exploit your equity edge and get even more out of them when you're ahead, thus making your win rate even more consistent.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:10 PM

Yea, variance increases when you put in more bets with a smaller edge. I.e. against agressive and solid opponents.

In the nanos, you but in bets with typically a large edge so variance is much smaller. I.e. against lose passive players.

Getting sucked out every now and again is not really what drives variance unless you play NL with 100.000.0000 BB stacks against a hit and run artist [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Old 11-10-2007, 07:43 PM

I'm just shy of 20/10/2.2 playing FR .05/.10. Over 9.5 k hands played recently I'm showing 6.7bb/100 or 9.3bb/100 ignoring rake. I still play SSHE poker.

There are times when you're going to run bad at any level. It sucks but you gotta get used to it. Trust me, it is a whole lot less painful at the nanos. Just value bet like crazy, pump your draws, and learn to laugh when you get drawn out on.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:04 PM

I think a 25/20/2.5 player would be a tough oppenent at full ring, and I would not be looking to make too much from that type if I was a beginner. But I can't really tell from your post what you mean. If players are super crazy and make obv bad plays that will catch up to them in the long run. For example if they are a 384 flop with JT and happend to hit a pair oh well, you can win in the long run by playing better starting hands.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:55 AM

var is bigger, but so is ev.

var isn't really that important, var/ev is, so generally speaking the increase in var in the nanos is not as great as the increase in ev, as a %.

also, when you get into the higher limits, var increases while ev goes down, and you get some totally sick results... just completely utterly sick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]